The Top 5 Trends You Need to Get Behind this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

The fall solstice hits September 22 this year and then the best season truly begins (well, in my opinion). That means pumpkin spice everything, cozy scarves, over-sized sweaters, and other things that make a human being feel good. However, while these items are timeless for the fall, in 2017 there are new fads that will come and go. Here are a few:

All images credited to Pexels.com

1. Blorange

Blonde-Orange are the two separate words creating this union. It is a beautiful subtle colour that is not a “too-bright” red but just enough to be noticed. The colours for the season will change and you should too, maybe even match the leaves a little. You will be sure to make a statement walking into Starbucks with locks like these.

2. Oval Sunglasses

Summer is coming to an end and that means the days will get shorter but enjoy those last few moments of sunlight with these stylish sunglasses. Ovals tend to be the perfect shape for any head or hairstyle. You can dive right in then with the variety of colours these shades come in.

3. Flared Jeans

Flared Jeans? Yes. The 1970’s are coming back with full force and that means loose-fitting jeans are coming back too. They give you a lot more room than those skinnies you have to squeeze into while also looking pretty good with some nice heeled boots or your favourite pair of Nikes.

4. Colour-Block Sneakers

I said the 1970’s were coming back right? What about the 80’s and 90’s as well. Colourful sneakers are all the rage these days and you will not be surprised to see all kinds of wacky colours on some Nikes or Adidas shoes when you hit up your fall semester sociology class. Stay in trend, my dear.

5. Slingback Heels

They are a take on the kitty heel that we have all been missing. The most annoying part about heels is the potential to slip right out of them, with a slingback you lose this problem. They are a lot more comfortable and have just as many options, also do not worry you only lose about an inch in height.

Enjoy the last month of Summer, but fear not that when Fall hits all will once again be right with the world. Just pay a little bit of attention to these tips.

Zaria Cornwall is a fourth year English student at Ryerson University. She identifies as a 'she' and uses she/her/they pronouns. She considers herself a woman of colour with varied identity minors and is interested in such topics dealing with these ideas. You will see her write articles on: queerness, racialized identity, mental health, body positivity, and school life. She also happens to love international music, so, maybe an article on that too. Follow her on twitter at @rsuzaria.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.