The Top 5 Books You Need To Add To Your Winte(reading) List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

This coming of age novel follows the lives of the four March sisters and the ups and downs they face. Little Women will transport you to a cozy cottage, sitting by the fireplace while the snow gently falls outside. 

One Day in December by Josie Silver

A sweet and simple romance that takes you through several years and Decembers as two friends navigate their destined love for each other while encountering several obstacles along the way.

The Snowman by Jo Nesbo

Not over Halloween yet? This wintery murder mystery might just give you that fix. This thriller investigates a serial killer who leaves a snowman at every crime scene; once you’ve read this, you’ll never be able to look at Frosty the same way again. 

My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins

Don’t have enough time to get through a whole novel this holiday season? This collaborative book is filled with short stories from various authors surrounding the holidays. Out of these 12 sweet stories, you’ll definitely find one you love and a partridge in a pear tree! 

We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

A beautiful story of love, grief and growth. This novel captures the heartache and isolation that some may feel around the holiday season and gives hope to once again finding peace and joy at this time of year. 

Maria Couto

Toronto MU '22

English major | Skin care enthusiast | Carrie Bradshaw wannabe
Zainab is a 4th-year journalism student from Dubai, UAE who is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Ryerson. When she's not taking photos for her Instagram or petting dogs on the street, she's probably watching a rom-com on Netflix or journaling! Zainab loves The Bold Type and would love to work for a magazine in New York City someday! Zainab is a feminist and fierce advocate against social injustice - she hopes to use her platform and writing to create change in the world, one article at a time.