Thoughts We All Have During the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

September brings colder weather, new Fall styles and most importantly the start of the school year. Depending on how you feel about school, you may feel happy or sad about the early days of September. For many of us the only excitement lies in being able to socialize with friends and attending on-campus events. The rest of the school year our time is spent on studying, staying up all night preparing for presentations and spending mornings squished between sweaty people after their morning workout on the TTC. Despite all of this, we can find comfort in knowing that we all have the same thoughts throughout the school year. Here are just a few of those thoughts: 

1. When your alarm rings for that 8am class where your old school professor refuses to post notes online

Source: Giphy

2. That sinking feeling when you’re late for class and can’t get on the overcrowded TTC

Source: Giphy

3. When your monotone professor starts reading word for word off his PowerPoint lecture

Source: Tumblr

4. That moment you forget about the test until the night before

Source: Giphy

5. And when you get the results back for above mentioned test

Source: Giphy

6. When you realize your GPA is falling faster than this slinky

Source: Giphy

7. And finally, when you get your grades back and you thankfully did better than you initially thought (hopefully)

Source: Giphy

If we keep in mind that we all face the same struggles, it may help us get through the school year with a little more confidence. Help a friend in need this semester and find someone to help you get through your struggles!

What’s the most challenging thing for you during the school year? Tweet us @HCRyerson

Jasmeen is a biomedical science major at Ryerson University. She enjoys movies, reading novels and playing with dogs
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.