Skin Treatments Worth Price Tag Feature Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

Rescue Dehydrated Skin with These Clean Skincare Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Every year, the fall weather brings a new round of falling leaves and brisk sunny days. However with the change in weather conditions and low moisture in the air, our skin is often left feeling dry and sensitive to the touch. For those looking to enhance their skincare ritual or even add in an additional step to their current routine, look no further than this curated list of clean skincare products. Not only are these products gentle and hydrating for the skin, but they are all formulated using sustainable practices and minimal ingredients. As an avid skincare lover myself, these products are all tried and true and favorites that I find myself constantly coming back too.

Belif’s Aqua Bomb Moisturizer

It should be fair to say that I am quite loyal to this moisturizer, given I’ve purchased it five times over the past few years. The gel-formula delivers unbelievable amounts of hydration while quickly absorbing into the skin, and without leaving a greasy residue. If  I ever find myself having flaky patches of dry skin, I will quickly apply a dab of this moisturizer to the problem areas and will instantly be left with smooth skin.

Lano’s The Original 101 Ointment Multipurpose Superbalm

Dare I say it, but this balm is a definite holy grail product. I find myself frequently applying the product before bed as I am able to wake up with my lips feeling restored and hydrated. The supple and natural formulation is also what makes this balm extremely multipurpose. Some of my favorite ways to use it is on dry elbows, sore cuticles, and cracked heels. 

Nécessaire’s Body Lotion

Simple and sustainable methods with effective results is what has quickly made this brand climb to the top of my shopping list. Nécessaire’s lotion has fulfilled all my expectations out of a moisturizer and has taken the chore out of hydrating my entire body. I even find myself carrying it in my hand bag everyday as the convenient size and quick absorbency makes it easy to travel with. 

F. Miller’s Face Oil

Not only is the brand based in Toronto, but F. Miller has created some of the most beautiful and luxurious skincare products on the market today. This potent formula has 22 active botanicals which leaves skin looking visibly hydrated and nourished. A little goes a long way with this oil, so use sparingly. One of my favourite things about the brand is their transparency with their sustainability practices. Every product from the brand is 100% toxin-free, biodegradable, and created using unrefined ingredients. What’s not to love?

Lesse’s Bioactive Face Mask

This is one of those products that just make you feel extra fancy while putting on a face mask. For those days when I feel like my skin needs a little extra TLC, or when I am in need of a little detox, I like to throw on this mask and relax in the bath. What I love about this product is my face is left feeling refreshed, rather than stripped of all of its natural oils. I am also a huge supporter of the brands values as all their products are 100% natural, non-binary and cruelty-free (and made in Canada!). 

There are thousands of products on the market to choose from these days, and making a decision can feel overwhelming. If it is your first time getting into skincare, this list is a great way to start, but it is important to take the time to research the right products for your skin needs. Over the years, I’ve found many skincare brands to carry an astonishing amount of ingredients that I haven’t the faintest idea what they even are! This is why I have slowly begun to transition my entire routine into clean products. Not only are the simpler ingredients less harsh on my skin, but these brands often employ ethical and sustainable practices within their manufacturing processes which I highly value.  

Madeleine Law

Toronto MU '22

Madeleine is a 4th-year student in the Creative Industries program. She has loved being a part of the HerCampus Ryerson team, sharing her love for design, lifestyle and culture through her articles. In her free time she can be found doodling, scrolling through Pinterest or running around with her 4 dogs.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.