VSPink Holiday Gift Guide Hero 1
VSPink Holiday Gift Guide Hero 1
PINK
Style

Minimus Clothing: Supporting the Environment one Shirt at a Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Minimus Clothing is a GTA centered business that encourages creativity and ecological revitalization one piece of clothing at a time. For each purchase, a certain percentage goes to ECOJUSTICE, a Canadian not-for-profit law firm that fights against large corporations’ impact on the environment.

For their first launch Minimus donated 80 dollars  and while this may seem miniscule it is a huge feat for a first launch from a new business. As a company they may lose 80 dollars of profit but they gain the respect of many and are a step in the right direction to a more environmentally friendly future.

Their mission statement is one to remember “Like our clothes, our mission is simple. We strive to reduce our footprint by promoting a minimal lifestyle, while making clothes you can feel good about wearing.” They tackle an environmental dilemma all the while making stylish and desirable clothes that many enjoy. Their designs are minimal just like their name states but they are personal and adorable, all while reminding us of what is important.

Minimus Clothing operates on a drop basis which means that they open their shop for 4-5 days and allow orders to flow in, then close up shop to ensure everything is handmade and done to perfection, then it’s shipped out within the next couple of weeks. These sweaters and T-shirts are worth the wait and have gained traction across Canada. 

All of their shirts are individually embroidered and they even took to Instagram and Tiktok to show us how it is done.

Each shirt is handled with care and packaged in recyclable packaging with a handwritten note to each of their cherished customers.

For their very first collection known as The Wildlife Collection they focused around animals that are experiencing or heading in the direction towards extinction. The Wildlife Collection contains a fox, a whale, a turtle and a bee. 

They currently sell t-shirts and hoodies in either black or white for each design and are soon expanding into new colour options for their customers. Rumour has it from a recent Instagram poll that they have been debating between a nature theme or space theme (the votes were in favour of space) so customers are anxiously awaiting an announcement soon.

A Canadian run business supporting environmental change is one to support and we are excited to see what they come up with next!

They encourage everyone to contact them with suggestions through their Instagram/Facebook/Website! Visit to learn more and even suggest ideas about what to do next!

Eva Escandon

Toronto MU '23

My name is Eva Escandon and I am currently in my second year at Ryerson University studying English and History. My Passions include; rock climbing, baking, reading, and writing. I look forward to writing for Her Campus and I am very excited to share my thoughts and ideas with everyone!
Zainab is a 4th-year journalism student from Dubai, UAE who is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Ryerson. When she's not taking photos for her Instagram or petting dogs on the street, she's probably watching a rom-com on Netflix or journaling! Zainab loves The Bold Type and would love to work for a magazine in New York City someday! Zainab is a feminist and fierce advocate against social injustice - she hopes to use her platform and writing to create change in the world, one article at a time.