Introducing Alexia Del Priore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

By Sarah Do Couto

Introduce yourself!

I’m a third-year journalism student here at Ryerson University. Moving to Toronto from a Catholic high school in the small town of St. Catharines, Ont. has definitely come with it’s challenges, but I wouldn’t trade the world for the experiences I’ve gained since moving here at just age 17– I absolutely adore city life and Carrie Bradshaw is for sure one of my idols.

Why did you join HC?

I joined Her Campus because I think it’s a great platform with a range of different and interesting content. I love how we have the freedom and ability to pitch just about anything, having a platform to showcase my writing that gives creative freedom is amazing. I also think working and networking with a group of inspirational female writers is another reason I’ve always taken an interest in the platform!

What do you hope to gain from joining HC?

I hope to gain even more insight into my abilities as a writer, and to perhaps push myself a bit out of my comfort zone to write about different topics that I wouldn’t have thought of writing about before. It’s motivating to see so many girls come up with great content and ideas, so I also hoped joining HC would motivate myself even more as a writer- which I definitely think it has!

What’s your favourite thing to write about?

I wouldn’t say that I have one favourite thing specifically to write about, however I have always been passionate about shedding a light on injustices, specifically things we face as females. Aside from this, I am also extremely passionate about writing about mental health and ending the stigma. Living with mental health issues myself, I think it’s extremely important to keep the conversation going and writing offers a great platform for this.

Can you tell me one fun fact about you?

A fun fact about myself is that I truly have such a love for cats that I can do a really realistic cat meow and it freaks most of my friends out. I’m also a professional procrastinator and when life is really bumming me out you can find me binge-watching Gilmore Girls.

What’s the best thing about being a part of HC?

Getting feedback and seeing what worked and what didn’t in the editing phase has been really helpful to my growth as a writer, also getting the opportunity to soon meet a bunch of wonderful ladies I’m working with! The networking aspect and other opportunities that come with writing for a platform like HC is amazing.

Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.