This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

There’s a lot of junk on social media that can make a bad day worse. This list of Instagram accounts offers safe, funny, creative, and grounded spaces to recharge.

@bretmanrock

Singer, song writer, actor, actress, athlete, activist, a scientist on the side, the star of the crystal of the day and a coconut water connoisseur, to name a few. A baddie beauty guru living his best life in Hawaii. If you don’t know Bret, drop everything and hop on his account right now…His insta stories are always full of life. He’s motivated, real, and hilarious. He feels like a bestie you can catch up with every day!

@melovemealot

A multi-talented visual artist who’s constantly creating. She creates just about anything her heart desires. To give you an idea, she often posts music, custom clothing, and trippy insta edits. With intricate photo edits, her Instagram posts will transport you into her world.

@wetheurban

A Black-owned wellness account that offers an authentic, unfiltered space for marginalized communities. Their content is highly oriented to self-love, featuring impactful posts that reveal, or remind followers of very important advice that they may not be told all the time.

From titles such as ‘Not sure who needs to hear this, but…’ to ‘In case nobody told you today’ Their posts of advice and reminders will surely ground you, bringing you back to yourself in ways you didn’t even notice you strayed away from.

@salicerose

A gorgeous content creator, who’s always dropping consistent relatable and hilarious content. Be it zodiac memes, friendship memes, or breakup memes, Salice can easily lift your spirits out of any kind of funk. Salice also often posts chatty videos in which she genuinely talks to her followers about insights she’s had about life. Truly golden content. Go ahead and check her out.

@thedodo

An animal rescue and rehabilitation account that consistently posts heartwarming videos… need I say more? This account has such a genuine quality. The videos aren’t overly edited with quick cuts. They feature real videos of people from all walks of life, who choose to take the responsibility of rehabilitating versatile animals. From cats and dogs, to spiders and bats, the compassion in these videos and the happy endings will give you some hope in humanity.

Alise Griffiths

Toronto MU '24

Alise is an English student Spends her time reading, dancing, analyzing movies, and playing videogames Enjoys the quiet moments to reflect and contemplate life.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.