stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Work out While You’re Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Have you been finding yourself slugish after hours of studying? You can actually make the most of your studying session while also get a small workout in as well. So while you might not be doing any heavy cardio while you’re sitting at your desk, you can do a few moves that will activate different muscle groups  keeping you in shape and alert. 

• Straight posture: First and foremost, sit up straight and maintain a good posture; this alone keeps your abs active. Squeeze and release your abdominal muscles during the course of your study session 
  • Flute squeeze: inconspicuous enough even to do in class, these will let you work all day towards that firm butt. Squeeze your gluteal muscles as hard as you can, hold for ten seconds and release 
  • Calf raises: place both feet flat on the ground alternating feet, lift your heels up and down in a slow controlled motion, keep your toes on the floor. 
  • Trapezius squeeze: Bend your elbows slightly, and pull them back, pinching your shoulder blades blades together

Let us know what you’re doing to stay in shape during finals season! 

Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.
Lena Lahalih

Toronto MU

Lena is a fourth year English major at Ryerson University and this year's Editor-in-Chief.   You can follow her on Twitter: @_LENALAHALIH