This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

With midterms and final exams quickly approaching, it’s becoming increasingly hard to relax and make time for yourself — I know I’ve definitely been struggling. One thing that usually gets me through it all is MUSIC! Here are my top 5 songs that I’ve been listening to recently.

Green Murder – Bendigo Fletcher

I’ve been spinning Fletcher’s 2018 album Consensual Wisdom a lot recently, but this track is able to stand on its own extremely well. The lyrics and instrumentals are so light and airy, this is an easy listen while studying for exams or finishing up an assignment.

Indiana – Adrienne Lanker, Buck Meek

Lanker and Meek’s beautiful vocals are laid upon the same few chords of a guitar in this two-and-a-half-minute ballad. This song has the allegory to get tired or repetitive, but this isn’t the case. This song is perfect as background music while doing homework or going on a short walk between classes.

Song on the Beach – Arcade Fire, Owen Pallett

Arcade Fire is pretty infamous for putting out some really good albums. So when they were featured on the soundtrack of Spike Jonze’s Her, (a fantastic movie) it was bound for excellence from the beginning. The beautiful instrumental is basically the background music of your daydreams.

Aeroplane – Greer

Greer’s single Aeroplane is a soothing, melodic tune that sounds like it comes from a band seasoned beyond their years. Their musical charm is upheld throughout the duration of the song, with the combination of calm and grit driving its narrative forward.

Lancaster Nights – Charlie Burg

At the end of a long day of Zoom classes, the perfect song to turn on is Lancaster Nights. Jazzy and soulful influences drive this track forward, and on top of it all, Burg’s sultry vocals have a depth of their own, with a rich, crisp soul like a blend of John Mayer and Pharrell.

Kayla Higgins

Toronto MU '23

Hi there! I'm Kayla Higgins and I'm a second year student majoring in Journalism at Ryerson University. You'll either find me with my earbuds in, an iced coffee in my hand, or both. I've always loved to write, and hopefully one day I'll be able to do it in New York. I'm super excited to share my experiences with you all!
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.