This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

After some reflection, the only interesting thing that went down during the entire break was the fact that my roommate and I stumbled upon an UberEats holy grail whilst on a boredom-induced browsing marathon. The calm hour of 3 a.m.— that’s when I’m most hungry as well as most up for an adventure. Except, I can’t cook and we’re in the middle of a panny. So, my roommate and I settled for trying out this delivery “exotic” snacks shop we’ve had our eye on for a while. 

Its name being “SnackTown” was incredibly enticing, and I wanted, very much so, to be a part of it. After some research, I learned that SnackTown is actually a Montreal-based exotic snacks and munchies emporium, and luckily enough, I just so happen to live next to the only Ontario location: Markham. 

Besides the name, let me list a few snacks that may pique your interest: Fruit Loops-flavoured Pop-Tarts, Twix spread (Let me repeat: a spread made out of Twix!), Mystery Fanta (What’s in it? We’ll never know), all the Haribo you can imagine, individually-packed hamburger gummy candies (You could literally buy one single pack if you pleased) and so much more. That was just naming the ones I haven’t tried yet. 

Now let me do a rundown of the items I have tried, and so, I can talk about: 

Hot Cheetos Mac’ n Cheese

Yes, you heard correctly. Mac’ n Cheese that tastes exactly like Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. Some might think that’s gross, but I am never one to judge a book by its cover. The box resembles that of Kraft Dinner and the instructions are similar as well. However, this was going to be no normal pasta. The dust powder that comes with the box actually makes your meal bright red. It felt like eating one of those edible science experiment kits we would get as kids. Yet, so damn tasty! This was a little spicy though, so if you don’t particularly like your spice, I’d recommend going for the Cheetos Original Mac n’ Cheese instead. All in all, I would buy this every day or keep a stock of them ready if they weren’t slightly pricey. This is, by far, my favourite out of that night’s snack haul.

Lychee Lays Chips

We all know and love the succulent fruit/flavour of lychee. It’s incredibly prevalent in our lives as lychee is used in almost every bubble tea shop as well as various alcoholic drinks— but have you ever had a potato chip dusted in lychee-soda flavouring? If yes, you’re doing something right. If not, let me put you on. As weird as it sounds, I didn’t hate the Lychee Lays (I actually liked it a lot). I can only describe it as the most refreshing chip I have ever put in my mouth. You first experience the lychee soda as the flavouring completely coats your tongue, and only the aftertaste is potato-esque. I would definitely recommend it!

White Rabbit Lays Chips

White Rabbit is the candy of my childhood. If you’re not familiar, it’s this milk candy coated in edible paper that your immigrant mother would buy you as a sign of her love language. It’s amazing and I adore it. That being said, putting it on a potato chip was just disrespectful (I wouldn’t be saying this if it actually tasted good though). The flavours just didn’t marry well, and if I were you, I would save my bank on this one. 

Peach Oolong Oreos

Don’t be deceived by the name. If you’re like me and love all things peach as well as all things tea-related, you would’ve also been catfished by these Oreos. I have to say I was disappointed by these cookies as they sorta butchered the flavour profile on this one. Personally, I didn’t like how they oversaturated the sweet peach taste in an effort to drown out the grassy yet floral hints of Oolong. I wouldn’t recommend it for my tea lovers out there, but if you’ve got a sweet tooth— knock yourself out!

Pineapple Fanta

I have been searching far and wide for the legendary Pineapple Fanta. My friend’s father from Trinidad speaks incredibly highly of this relic and I just knew I had to try it. I’m just going to say it: this is the perfect drink. It was everything I had hoped for and as climactic as you would think it would be. It’s sweet, sour, fizzy (but not too much), and overall, a wild card drink that can be paired with just about anything.

Those are all the UberEats snacks I could stomach for one night. If any of these interesting munchies sparked your tastebuds or if you just want to sift through an entertaining list of cool snacks, you can check out SnackTown here.

Katherine G

Toronto MU '23

Hi there! I will be one of the Her Campus Ryerson writers on the team this year. (:
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.