Emily from Emily in Paris
Emily from Emily in Paris
Darren Star Productions
Style

Celeb Style Trends That Won’t Break The Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Only if celebrities cared about our bank accounts. *sigh* Here are some dupes to popular styles you see on celebrities all the time, so you can look cute with your pockets intact. 

The Leather Melina Pant from Aritzia

Leather pants is a trend I never saw coming, but now that they’re here I can’t get them off of my mind. Bella Hadid kicked off 2020 back in January in this leather fit, and it’s stuck ever since.

Right now leather pants are all over my Pinterest feed and one of the most popular pairs is this one from Aritiza, costing $148. 

This dupe is from Zara and is a third of the price ($49.90) but equally as nice. They are high-waisted and high-quality leather pants with five pockets. 

Prada’s Re-Edition 2005 Nylon Bag

This sleek 2000s inspired nylon Prada shoulder bag is super popular, trendy and stylish right now. It’s also just as expensive, priced at $1520. With celebs like Bella Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Kaia Gerber  and other influencers wearing them, you know it’s a fashionable choice.

The dupe from JW Pei is not identical, but still carries the same sleek 2000’s style, and will have the same effect on your outfits as the Prada bag. This bag is priced at $59, almost 99.97% off!

Plunge Front Cardigan From Aritzia

The plunge front cardigan is a french style top, with a deep V-neckline and volume in the sleeves, which is perfect for fall, but is priced at $138.

The dupe for this one on Yesstyle is worth a small fraction of the price, about $36, so you can live your dream as a French girl in Paris without burning holes in your pockets. 

Nike Victory Skirt

The Nike Victory Tennis Skirt, priced at $80 is really popular on TikTok and is often paired with an oversized crewneck that is cute and comfortable. Its pleats add to the light academia aesthetic which is super cute and trendy right now. 

The dupe here is from Amazon and has the same cute aesthetic vibes as the other skirt. Although it isn’t made of super stretchy fabric, it’s still comfortable and stylish. 

Here’s a Tiktok with someone styling it.

Burberry Trench Coat

Trench coats have been in style forever, and I don’t see them going out of style any time soon. The Burberry Trench Coat is one of the bougiest and trendiest trench coats, and their website says that Thomas Burberry created the style 100 years ago. While some elements of the coat change, the original trenchcoat is always remembered. It’s priced at a whooping $3690, a price comparable to about one semester of tuition for me. 

This Uniqlo dupe is just as stylish as the Burberry Coat and doesn’t burn as big a hole in your pocket. It’s priced at $99, making this a deal that is 99.97% off of the original price! Now you’ll look cute, and stay warm with some money still left in your bank account. 

Special thanks to my friend Anushka Sarkar who helped me find some of these dupes :)

Prapti Bamaniya

Toronto MU '23

Prapti is a second year journalism student at Ryerson, and loves to write about news, lifestyle, and fashion. Her name is as unique as her experiences. She is an aspiring journalist and when she's not writing articles, she's probably reading a book, or rewatching New Girl for the hundredth time.
Zainab is a 4th-year journalism student from Dubai, UAE who is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Ryerson. When she's not taking photos for her Instagram or petting dogs on the street, she's probably watching a rom-com on Netflix or journaling! Zainab loves The Bold Type and would love to work for a magazine in New York City someday! Zainab is a feminist and fierce advocate against social injustice - she hopes to use her platform and writing to create change in the world, one article at a time.