This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

If you’re looking for a wardrobe that shouts unique, trendy and not at all basic, thrifting is a really great hobby to take up. Not only can you save money by going vintage or second hand, but you can ensure great finds that won’t have you twinning with the girl you just passed on the street. 

For Ryerson students, Queen Street is only a short walk to some of the coolest Thrift stores in the area. Walking isn’t a requirement though. If you can’t make it there in person, you can thrift via cell phone or computer. You’ll become an avid “thrifter” in no time- and you don’t even have to leave your bed. Here’s a list of some of the best places to start doing that. 

1. If you’re feeling lazy or have too much to juggle at a time, then Depop is for you! It’s a mobile, social shopping app where you can buy and sell clothes. It’s best described as a cross breed between Etsy and Kijij. You can follow accounts or search for specific items. Posts list the size, price and location of an item. Once you find something you like, click the big green “BUY” button and you’ll have the option to meet in person or have the item shipped to you.

2. F as in Frank is a two storied vintage clothing boutique with an emphasis on street wear, sports jerseys & snapback baseball caps, as well as a Website. Located at 418 Queen St W, this thrift store is the best place to embrace your sporty side. Great finds include vintage Nike/ Adidas of all kinds and varsity tees and crewnecks. Prices here are as low as $30. For those of you who can’t decide whether or not you want to make the trek down Queen or stay in bed, this is the perfect start! The website can be found here: http://www.fasinfrankvintage.com/pages/our-stores

3. The Black Market, is a basement thrift store located at 256 Queen St W, that stands out most for it’s prices, $10 EVERYTHING. This is the best place to embrace your grungy side. We’re talking graphic tees of all kinds, Vintage denim, leather jackets and flannels.

4. Momma Loves You is a thrift store with an assortment of pieces from the 1900’s to the 1990’s located at 541 Queen St W. The store isn’t specific to any style. In fact, it offers a wide range of clothes, from grunge, to preppy, to sporty and everything in between. Walking into this store is like walking into the closet of every cool mom ever. You won’t find anything here priced lower than $30. 

5. Tribal Rhythm is a more theatrical thrift shop, located at 248 Queen St W. This is a great place to find costumes, as it offers every type of vintage uniform you can imagine, from military to “Pete’s Plumbing”. It’s on the gaudier side in terms of décor, but undeniably fun to play around in.

Now what’re you waiting for? Start thrifting! Tweet us the deals & gems you found at @HCRyerson 

Ryerson Journalism Student and Blogger living in Toronto. earthtoemma.weebly.com
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.