8 Festive Starbucks Drinks You Must Try This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

With the festive season fast approaching and the cold weather looming, a warm drink in your hand will soon be a must. Starbucks, one of the world’s most popular coffee shops, is well-known for its unique drink menu, especially those themed around specific holidays or seasons. 

Below is a list ranking eight limited edition festive drinks you must try from Starbucks this season!

Salted caramel mocha    

The salted caramel mocha is a definite upgrade from Starbucks classic, the caramel mocha. This seasonal coffee drink combined with mocha sauce, toffee nut butter syrup and steamed milk is finished off with whipped cream, sugar and sea salt, giving that perfect mix of sweet and salty.

Toasted white chocolate mocha

If you’re looking to spice up your daily coffee, this drink is just for you. A revamp of Starbucks’ OG white chocolate mocha, this holiday espresso is mixed with caramelized white chocolate and finished with whipped cream, holiday sugar sprinkles and crispy white pearls. I suggest a sprinkle of cinnamon to take this drink over the top.

Eggnog latte

If you love eggnog, you will surely love this Christmas classic. This Starbucks latte is made with signature espresso, eggnog, steamed milk and nutmeg. The eggnog latte has become a beloved treat for Christmas lovers around the world.

Caramel brûlée latte

Another favoured holiday drink essential in this lineup is the caramel brûlée latte. A classic espresso merged with rich caramel brûlée sauce, whipped cream and crunchy caramel toppings will certainly get you in the holiday mood. This festive drink will not fail to disappoint your sweet tooth.

Peppermint hot chocolate

For all non-caffeine addicts out there, this holiday drink is just for you. A twist on Starbucks’ popular peppermint mocha, this drink is blended with hot chocolate and peppermint syrup, then topped with whipped cream and red sprinkles. This drink provides all the festive feels without the caffeine. Your hot chocolate will never be bland this holiday season. 

Pumpkin spice latte

Offered for a limited time during fall, the pumpkin spice latte has become one of Starbucks’ most popular lattes since its release in 2003. Mixed with a combination of pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg, then topped with whipped cream and pumpkin pie crumbs, the pumpkin spice latte is hands down, one of Starbucks’ top festive drinks each year.

Chestnut praline latte

Despite being one of Starbucks’ newer holiday beverages, the chestnut praline latte is quickly becoming a fan favourite. Unlike most lattes, the unique mix of caramelized chestnuts and spices with whipped cream and crushed praline crumbs to garnish, provides that roasted holiday flavour we all know and love. This drink will leave your taste buds with Christmas nostalgia.

Peppermint mocha

The Starbucks peppermint mocha has become one of the company’s most beloved holiday drinks. This espresso-based drink with steamed milk, sweet mocha sauce and peppermint-flavoured syrup is topped off with whipped cream and dark chocolate pieces, giving you that holiday feeling in every sip. This exclusive Starbucks drink is one you will not want to pass on.

Kiarra Swaby

Toronto MU '22

Hello everyone! My name is Kiarra and I am a journalism student at Ryerson University. I have recently become a writer for HerCampus Ryerson with the intent on writing about topics that motivate, relate, and interest you all! Social Media! Instagram: @kswayblogs Twitter: @kswayblogs
Sarah is a fourth-year journalism student at Ryerson University. As Ryerson's Campus Correspondent, Sarah is a self-proclaimed grammar nerd. In her spare time, Sarah is either buried in a book, trying to figure out how to be a functioning adult, or enjoying a glass of wine - hopefully all at once.