7 Hobbies You Can Start Right Now and Finish Anytime!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

It’s hard to stick to a hobby or even continue with one when you’re always busy with life! Usually, when people start a hobby, they most likely try to finish it or abandon it completely.

Hobbies are meant to be picked up and dropped as you grow as a person and discover what you enjoy!

Here are seven hobbies you can start right now and finish whenever!

Collaging

This is perfect if you have any old magazines around the house! Cut out anything in the magazines that look interesting. Keep the magazine clippings in a bag and save them for later. Or you can begin collaging right away!

Sewing

Throughout the years, I’ve been using my sewing machine to make scrunchies! Quick and small projects are really good for beginners. Usually, I will plan and cut out what size of fabric I want before I begin sewing, either immediately or the next day!

Jewelry Making

All you need is some stretchy string, beads, wire and any embellishments you want to add. The possibilities are endless. You can make bracelets, rings, keychains and earrings to name a few!

Knitting

I could never finish knitting a scarf in one sitting. I’d always have to come back and finish it at a different time! You only need yarn and two knitting needles for this.

Journaling/Bullet Journaling

It’s never too late to start journaling. It’s a good way to document what you did or felt on a specific day. You’ll find it beneficial after a few journal entries to look back and reminisce.

Podcasts

Podcasts are a great way to pass the time! Whether you’re cleaning or in the car, you can start a podcast and finish it whenever.

Photography/Photo Editing

Photography is a great hobby to pick up. You can take photos practically anywhere. You can begin editing those pictures immediately or at a later time. You can even showcase your new photography skills on Instagram or in your portfolio!

I hope these ideas give you an incentive to start a new hobby or skill to cure your boredom or pass the time! Always try new hobbies, even if you’re unsure of them. What’s the worst that could happen?

Sabrina Wong

Toronto MU '22

Sabrina is a fourth year student in the Media Production program. She has a passion for film, TV, Broadway, pop culture and everything in between! She currently co-hosts a podcast called “Ghosted”, where she and her co-host talk about Canadian ghost hauntings in their hometowns. When she’s not writing, she’s probably listening to Taylor Swift on repeat.