This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Dare I say it, we might be oversaturated with podcasts. There are so many to choose from that it can be a bit of a challenge finding the right ones to get you your podcast fix. That being said, I don’t love them any less so here are six podcasts you need on your radar.

Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend

Comedy

The best late-night host in the game, Conan O’Brien, might have the funniest podcast out there. Whether he’s baiting producer Matt Gourley and assistant Sona Movsesian or chatting up one of his celebrity counterparts, the conversations are witty, provocative and engaging.

Jumping In An Elevator

Learning

This podcast is at the intersection of education and pop-culture entertainment. Host Michael Messineo researches topics each episode and comes at you with the answers to life’s most randomly interesting questions, no more Googling questions like: “why do sour things taste sour?” Mike’s got you covered.

Nothing Much Happens

Sleep

Probably the most helpful podcast I’ve ever come across is this series by Curiouscast. It has the most wholesome stories to relax you and guide you to sleep. The stories aren’t extravagant or fantastical, they simply provide tranquil, detailed settings to transport you to restful sleep.

The Blindboy Podcast

Storytelling

If you’re looking for an eclectic experience, this is the way to go. Hosted by Blindboy of the Rubberbandits comedy duo, this show is guaranteed to have you learning something new whether about politics or anecdotes for life. Episodes often run well over an hour and are a calming accompaniment to any activity.

Rolling Stone Music Now

Music 

Spanning across all genres, the Rolling Stone podcast deep dives into albums, songs and musicians with Brian Hiatt, a senior writer at Rolling Stone magazine. Joined by occasional co-hosts, these mellow music breakdowns provide relevant and new takes on your favourite releases.

Lexie

Lifestyle

I don’t know if Lexie Lombard intends for her podcast to be this way, but it is some of the most motivational content I have come across lately. The 24-year-old raw and honest takes on making money, following your dreams and being your best self is the big sister advice you’ve always wanted. 

Maya Fettes

Toronto MU '23

Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.