Style > Decor

6 Interior Design Instagram Accounts You NEED to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

As school days (and possibly even workdays) no longer take place outside of our homes, creating a living space that stimulates both a productive and comforting environment is now more important than ever. Whether you’ve outgrown your childhood bedroom or want to retire old pieces of furniture, there is no better place to start looking for curated inspiration than Instagram. From funky one-of-a-kind designs to modern and minimalist decorative pieces, below are 6 interior design Instagram accounts that are worth checking out!

@ikonkbh

Based in Denmark by sisters Amalie & Sarah, Ikonkbh’s Pinterest-famous tiled furniture pieces have become one of the most coveted and replicated (by talented DIY individuals) pieces of the season. The tiled works come in a range of colours and styles, like cubes, side tables and more. These beautiful objects are sure to inspire the use of colour and pattern in your space.

@Karimokucasestudy

Based in Japan, Karimoku Case Study is a contemporary lifestyle brand that values beauty, material richness and timeless appeal within its designs. Each collection takes into account the various stages of the building process from the architectural framework, interior space and finally decorative objects. Through the use of clean shapes and natural tones, you will be able to transform your living space into a tranquil environment.

@le_centerpiece

Specializing in curating vintage furniture and home goods, Le Centerpiece is a one-stop-shop for a myriad of 20th-century items to add to your collection. This account will have you obsessing over one-of-a-kind pieces, but don’t get too attached, because once it’s gone, it’s gone for good! 

@gustafwestman

Known for his bright colours and unique wavy designs, it is no surprise that this Stockholm native’s pieces have attracted quite the loyal social media audience. Westman’s playful take on traditional furniture will be sure to inspire the use of bold shapes and textures in your own home!

@louisehjorthdesign

Louise Hjorth is an interior designer based in Sweden. The designer’s Instagram feed features images of her own living space while also showcasing her residential design work. If bright, cozy and timeless are all things you’re aspiring to achieve in your space, then be sure to pop over to Hjorth’s Instagram account.

@_homedreaming

For those who love a retro and pastel moment, _homedreaming has the most curated selection of room inspiration pictures, sourced from a variety of individuals. To find similar retro decor pieces, take a trip to your local thrift store and have a look at the home goods and decor section! 

Madeleine Law

Toronto MU '22

Madeleine is a 4th-year student in the Creative Industries program. She has loved being a part of the HerCampus Ryerson team, sharing her love for design, lifestyle and culture through her articles. In her free time she can be found doodling, scrolling through Pinterest or running around with her 4 dogs.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.