This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

We’re all always looking for new ways to vamp up our routine- whether it be a new foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow or lip gloss, it doesn’t hurt to try new products. It’s also super fun to tap into makeup that are considered to be rising stars, ones that didn’t or don’t get enough attention, but will blow up any day now. 

Well, I got you covered! Here are the five latest and most underrated products that you can buy at Sephora!

Make Up For Ever Reboot Active Care Revitalizing Foundation ($51)

This glowy foundation is the perfect product to brighten, smoothen, hydrate, firm and enhance your skin tone while lasting for 24 hours. The highlighted ingredients are ginseng (supports natural collagen), camellia japonica (helps to support skin’s natural glow) and mondo grass (helps to support the skin’s protective barrier). It has a radiant, satin finish and is perfect for normal to dry skin! According to a Sephora makeup artist, Make Up For Ever is underrated– some people typically look at the brand to be solely for professional use, but the foundation is a go-to everyday essential!

Sephora’s MicroSmooth Baked Foundation Face Powder ($29.50)

This is an excellent product if you want to blur out any imperfections for a natural finish. This lightweight foundation powder is hidden gold. According to several Sephora make-up artists, they use this for every makeover to finish off looks! It’s formulated with mineral water and is slowly baked to melt into your skin. More popular face powders such as the Laura Mercier’s setting powder sometimes overshadows this product, but it’s breathable and natural feel will make this one of your all time faves. Check out the look of Instagrammer @evalisa.s who is using the baked foundation face powder above!

Tarte Chrome Paint Shadow Pot ($29)

If you’re looking for an easy way to totally transform your eyes into full glam in a matter of seconds, this is the eyeshadow for you. This rich, metallic and vibrant eyeshadow stays put for a long wear and blends perfectly and instantly. You can apply this with your fingertips so that the warmth of your fingers can make the product melt into your skin and achieve the most effortless look with this chrome paint. 

Patrick Ta Double-Take Creme & Powder Blush ($45) 

This versatile blush duo is the most pigmented blush you can expect to find throughout all of this year’s releases. Both creme and powder, you can layer the two products together to create and add more dimension to your look and that’s exactly what Patrick Ta wants you to achieve: a full, luminous glam. With four different shades to choose from, you can go from a natural hue to a more attention grabbing look! This product is praised for its unique shade combos. 

Tower28 Beauty ShineOn Jelly Lip Gloss ($18) 

According to Sephora’s product description, this lip jelly has the, “the shine of a gloss, the comfort of a balm, and a touch of juicy translucent colour.” If you want a lightweight, non-sticky lip shine that is nourishing, hydrating and will stay on for hours, this is for you. Tower28’s lip jelly is vegan, cruelty free and gluten free. 

After hearing about all of these great products from a Sephora make-up artist, I had to try them on and all I can say is that these products deserve more hype! The foundation blended out perfectly with my skin, the powder set my look and made it last for hours while achieving a natural finish, the eyeshadow made my eyes pop like nothing has ever done before, the blush made my look go from bleh to full glam, and the lip gloss was a flawless balm. Below is a picture of the look that I made using all five of the products, check it out! 

Poetry, writing and music are my passion and I hope one day to travel and write for misrepresented and marginalized communities. I spend most of my time day dreaming but you can catch my articles on here as well! My twitter is: @gab_rd and Instagram is: 0315.g if you’d like to see what I’ve been up to :)
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.