Style

5 Spring Accessories You Need In Your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Accessories are the key to the perfect outfit. They can make a cute outfit even better by adding an extra flair or make a basic outfit look super trendy. As the weather gets warmer, we can finally trade in our chunky layers for fun and quirky accessories to update our spring and summer wardrobes. So let’s go over the fresh accessory trends for this season!

90s Hair Accessories

In case you haven’t heard, the 90s are back in a big way. So many trends from the 90s are coming back, revamped— that includes the accessories. Barrettes, scrunchies and hair scarves are all the rage right now, and what better timing for this throwback than the season where most of us want to put our hair up anyway? Some things are meant to be.

Layered Necklaces

This one is for those of us who want to look like they put effort into an outfit when they really didn’t. If you want to make a basic outfit look like a fashion statement, all you have to do is layer a few of your favourite necklaces. A little bit of sparkle is all it takes to add interest to an outfit! Delicate details make all the difference.

Woven Bags

Picnics are to spring like peanut butter is to jelly, so it’s no surprise that woven details come back every year in time for spring. Of course, you’ll be seeing woven details in spring shoes (like espadrilles!), but this season is also going to be all about woven bags. This is the perfect trend to bring into summer as a beach bag, or as a no-brainer add-on to walks in the park and road trips. 

Statement Belts

Belts have been trending for quite some time but as long as new belt trends keep surfacing, they won’t be going anywhere. This season, canvas belts, animal print belts and chain belts will be the go-to for holding up your mom jeans and denim shorts.

Bold Sunnies

As soon as the sun comes out, so do the sunglasses. They’re an easy way to add some interest to a look and they make for a great accent piece. This season, pastel and neon sunnies will be a major fashion staple, especially if you’re not the type to wear a lot of colour but still want to pull off some bold trends.

Thanks for reading and happy styling!

Fourth-year English student at Ryerson University. Over-protective cat mom and lover of all things fashion, art, culture, and food - check out my fashion blog at whatrayewants.com