This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Imagine this. You’re spending a day by the lake, the wind blowing in your hair as you soak up the warm rays of the sun. You stay outside all day long and then go for a car ride in the evening. The days are long, and the nights are even longer. The only thing missing is the music. 

If you’re looking for new music to seize the summer days, then look no further. Below are five songs that perfectly encapsulate summer and should be added to your playlist right now!

1. “Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset” by Luke Bryan

The title of this song alone is enough to get you into the summer spirit. The beautiful imagery in the lyrics and the catchy chorus make this an overall great song. Listen to it while getting ready to go to the beach or on a tropical vacation. Even if you’re not a country music fan, you’re bound to love this one! 

2. “Peaches” by Justin Bieber ft. Daniel Caesar, Giveon

Something about the word “peaches” just screams summer. But in addition to the sweet title, the song itself is upbeat and extremely catchy. It has a chill, relaxing vibe, while also giving off a happy and summery feel. Make sure to blast this one on your late-night car rides to end off a perfect summer day. 

3. “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond

A summer classic. This is the perfect song for every good summer moment. The mix of the brass instruments, the build-up toward the chorus and the repetitive chant of “Sweet Caroline” make for the ultimate feel-good song. A lot of professional baseball stadiums play this song during their games– and for good reason. The song is just so iconic and will never fail to put you in a happy mood! 

4. “The Lazy Song” by Bruno Mars

Sometimes, you just don’t want to do anything during the summer, and this song makes it 100 percent acceptable. The strumming of the guitar with the added whistles and Bruno’s impeccable rhyming skills make this song great! Listen to this fun, catchy throwback whenever you have a no-plans kind of day.  

5. “Come to Brazil” by Why Don’t We

The title of this song screams vacation to Brazil. But in reality, it’s perfect to play at an outdoor summer party. The build-up of vocals, mixed with the fast dance/electric backtrack makes for an ideal late-night dance party. You can’t help but bop your head and move your body to the catchy, upbeat tune! 

Go ahead and add these songs to your summer playlist, and watch as your summer days get even better and brighter!

Enjoy your summer!

Julia Gianfelice

Toronto MU '25

Julia is a second year journalism student at Toronto Metropolitan University.