breakfast brunch toast granola food
breakfast brunch toast granola food
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

5 Simple and Delicious Breakfasts for Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

You know the saying: breakfast is the most important meal of the day? I stand by that completely. Especially as students having to sit through long days of lectures and studying – we need to fuel ourselves properly.

A breakfast should sustain you completely until lunch. A great way to ensure this, is to eat a well-balanced breakfast full of healthy carbs, fat, protein and fibre! These simple recipes will fuel your brain the right way.

Avocado Toast + Egg

A classic (and basic) breakfast, but for good reason! This is loaded with healthy fats, great carbohydrates depending on the type of bread (I recommend a whole grain or sourdough), and some protein and essential nutrients from the egg. This will satisfy you for a few hours, and the best part is: is you can add all your favourite seasonings!

Vegan Banana Pancakes 

Recipe:

– 2 very ripe mashed bananas 

– 2 tbsp melted coconut oil

– 1 tsp vanilla extract

– 1.5 cups flour

– 1 serving protein powder of choice

–  2 tsp baking powder

– Pinch of salt 

*Optional: Feel free to add an egg in here if you aren’t vegan! 

Mix everything in a bowl and cook up those hotcakes on a skillet! I love adding in chocolate chips or blueberries for some extra goodness.

Apple Pie Overnight Oats

Overnight oats are the easiest breakfast hack for students – especially those with early morning classes who don’t want to cook as soon as they wake up! You can leave it in the fridge the night before and you have an amazing breakfast waiting for you in the morning.

Recipe:

– 1 cup non dairy milk

– ½ cup oats 

– 1 tbsp cinnamon 

– ¼ tsp nutmeg 

– Pinch of allspice

– 1 tsp vanilla extract 

– 1 tbsp maple syrup

– 1 tsp chia seeds

– 1 tsp ground flax

– ¼ cup chopped apple

Add everything to a jar or Tupperware container, make sure it seals well. Shake everything up really well and leave in the fridge to enjoy the next morning!

4 Ingredient Banana Oat Cookies

Try saying that 5x fast… These are such a treat in the morning. They taste incredible and are healthy! Cookies for breakfast always, please!

Recipe:

– 2 ripe bananas, mashed

– 1 cup peanut butter, or any nut butter of choice

– 1 cup oats

– Splash of vanilla 

– ½ Dairy free chocolate chips or dried fruit, nuts etc. 

Mix everything together and bake at 350 degrees for around 15 minutes!

Cookies N’ Cream smoothie

A seriously rich, creamy and dreamy smoothie!

Recipe:

– 1 frozen banana

– Handful of frozen papaya 

– Handful of ice 

– 1-2 dates

– 1 tbsp cacao nibs 

– 1 tsp maca powder

– 1 serving of protein powder

– 2 tbsp almond butter

Blend with non dairy milk, top with your favourite granola and enjoy!

Sasha Folgoas

Toronto MU '23

I was born and raised in Toronto. I have a passion for health and wellness, and spend most of my time focusing on school, friends, work and creating content for my own health and wellness blog + instagram! I love all things fashion and frequent Aritzia (maybe a little too much), but I love ballin on a budget, too! My goal is to help inspire other young women by opening up important conversations that can often be taboo!
Zainab is a 4th-year journalism student from Dubai, UAE who is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Ryerson. When she's not taking photos for her Instagram or petting dogs on the street, she's probably watching a rom-com on Netflix or journaling! Zainab loves The Bold Type and would love to work for a magazine in New York City someday! Zainab is a feminist and fierce advocate against social injustice - she hopes to use her platform and writing to create change in the world, one article at a time.