This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

When hearing the news on how the weather was about to get snowy I knew it was time to figure out some new books to read. It’s the perfect time to get bundled up with a fiery book and a cup of tea and stay inside. These five romances novels are all amazing reads with their own unique touches that will make your heart swoon.

Autoboyography by Christina Lauren

Tanner Scott’s family moved from California to Utah. This move has taken a toll on Tanner and he had to go temporarily back into the closet because of moving to a new place. His best friend, Autumn, dares him to do something he usually wouldn’t. He thinks this will be something simple, but that’s until he finds out who Sebastian Brother is. This novel is deep and powerful, and will give you all the warm, fuzzy feelings that you need in this weather.

Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters

Nan King becomes captivated by the music hall phenomenon Kitty Butler, a male impersonator in Canterbury. Through a friend at the box office, Nan goes to all her shows and finally meets her heroine. This is a book about cross-dressing lesbians that takes place in Victorian-era England. Most wouldn’t understand that from the title, but again this is an amazing read. It is everything you would want in a novel: a budding romance, betrayal, sex and the adventures of a big city, but with its own unique plot. There is no other book like it and if you want to be taken on a spectacular ride, you will want to read this!

Until the Last Star Fades by Jacquelyn Middleton

Local author Jacquelyn Middleton writes a story that is very much relatable. It deals with an honest discussion of depression, managing difficult family dynamics and working out confusing relationships. This book has something in there for everyone. Riley Hope is the main character that attends New York University. She has a loving mother, but they have to deal with one of the most tragic events one can go through. While she is smiling for the outside world, inside she is torn. Then Riley meets Ben Fagan, a 23-year-old Brit with the same passion for 80’s music as Riley and a little bit of a reckless streak. Their lives start to intertwine and they start a bond. They are each other’s happy place, but nothing can stay perfect right?

Fight or Flight by Samantha Young

This book had my heart; right from the start it hooks you in. Ava is a beautiful, polished and career-oriented woman with a past that has left a bruise. Waiting to get back to her normal life in Boston after dealing with a traumatic event, she meets a rude and arrogant Scottish man. He is intimidating, handsome and a straight up ass. These two people have fate sitting there with strings attached to their lives as if they are puppets; it comedic. Two lives that had nothing to do with each other, eventually become everything to do with each other. This novel keeps you smiling the entire read.

Controversial Princess by Jodi Ellen Malpas ​

Jodi Ellen Malpas is one of the many queens who know how to write an irresistible male protagonist… I mean story. This book throws you right in and keeps you hooked until the end, when you’re met with a jaw dropping twist. Princess Adeline is rebellious and refuses to bow down to her father, the king. She doesn’t want anything to do with the royal family; it’s like living in a jail. The duology goes by the name “Smokes and Mirrors” and that’s exactly what this family is. Everything is lies and secrets and Adeline hates it. She meets Josh Jameson and is completely drawn to his confidence. He is an American actor, so absolutely nothing can go on between them, right? This duology was something else; Jodi really throws you in for a tailspin for both novels.

A female student who loves to read and write. Positivity allows for new doors to be opened.