This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Instagram is overflowing with talent and sometimes you just need a little bit of guidance. Here are five photographers that deserve more attention.

Imdad Barbhuyan / @imdad_barbhuyan

Imdad Barbhuyan is a visual artist based in New Delhi. His work features narratives of relationships, beauty and identity. Many of the pieces on his Instagram come from detailed points of inspiration, and are an intimate look into his world spotlighting nature and gender expression. Barbhuyan’s work is moving and his account harmoniously captures the human experience.

Bradley Ogbonna / @bradogbonna

Bradley Ogbonna is a photographer based in the United States who shoots both internationally and locally. His work ranges from shooting magazine covers and editorial portrait work to landscape and travel. Always finding himself somewhere new, you’ll find yourself travelling vicariously through his IG posts and stories. 

Irmelie Krekin / @youmakemylifeasunnyday

Irmelie Krekin’s feed feels like different fantasy worlds come to life. Seashells, coffee, fruits, plants and architecture litter her profile. There’s an air of nostalgia to her posts, almost in a maternal way. Bring gentle and warm memories you’re not sure you even had into your everyday with Krekin’s photographs.

Alexis Hunley / @byalexishunley

For intimate and often political street photography, check out LA based photographer Alexis Hunley. Her news journalism photos feature humanity in moments of happiness and confrontation. Her lens depicts frozen moments of celebration and protest that feel like you could press play and watch come to life.

Mustafah Abdulaziz / @mustafahabdulaziz

Mustafah Abdulaziz is a Berlin based photographer who practices an assortment of photographic styles. His feed features a variety of portraits in a variety of places. He also posts landscape shots from around his travels, creating a mixture of street photography, portraiture and art photography.

Maya Fettes

Toronto MU '23

Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.