5 Most Instagram-Worthy Toronto Food Spots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Ryerson students are some of the luckiest in the country, if not the world, when it comes to being surrounded by Instagram-worthy restaurants. If you’re into keeping your belly full and your Instagram feed #onfleek, here are five spots in the city to check out:

1. Sweet Jesus

Sweet Jesus (at John St. and Adelaide) is a holy place. Seriously. The restaurant itself is Insta-worthy, with an old-school diner meets Ziggy Stardust vibe. Even more so is their specialty, “pimped out” soft serve ice cream decorated however you want it. We’re talking dipped in caramel and bacon bits, graham cracker crumbs or even cotton candy. You know you want this!

2. Lucky Red

American classics meet Asian street food at Lucky Red on Spadina. Try their insane nachos where the tortilla chips are substituted with dumplings. That 11th like will come FAST.

3. The Porch

The Porch on Adelaide St. W offers more than just mouth-watering eats, but it’s famous for having one of the best rooftop patios in the city. Take advantage of that while the grass is still green! While you’re at it order The Bulldog, their signature margarita which is served in a beach bucket.

4. Five Guys

Right around the corner from campus on Yonge is Five Guys Burgers and Fries, and it is just as delicious and picture perfect as it sounds. Canada doesn’t have In-N-Out, but luckily this place is just as good. Go for the classic cheeseburger and fries for something that will have all your followers drooling!

5. Big Slice Pizza

If a $4 slice of pizza that’s half the size of your body doesn’t appeal to you, you probably aren’t a broke student. While Big Slice isn’t the chicest of pizza parlours, hold that slice up to your face and your followers will be in awe. It ain’t called Big Slice for nothing! 

Ryerson gal. Loving the city, missing my dog and probably listening to an audiobook 
Ben Samuels

Toronto MU '16

Benjamin is a reluctant third-year English major at Ryerson University and the newly minted Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Ryerson.You can reach Benjamin on twitter and instagram @iamsashagay, and by email at benjaminkent@hercampus.com