Meet the WCGA Members of 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond chapter.

The Westhampton College Class of 2020 has recently elected their President and Senatorial members of Westhampton College Government Association for the upcoming school year. Old and new faces will join WCGA to represent the class, and each member so excited for their positions and duties next year. There is one president along with 6 senators that will meet throughout the 2017-2018 school year to discuss issues, events and initiatives, as well as coordinating with Richmond College Student Government Association (RCSGA) on University-wide topics.

WCGA Sophomore President: Lindsey Paul

Lindsey is hoping to work closely with her RCSGA counterpart during her second year of WCGA to plan fun events for the Sophomore class, as well as being a voice to address student concerns. She is really excited to get to know each person that she represents as Class President. Lindsey hails for Kansas City and you’ll probably see her studying at the Deanery, and is intending majoring in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Her favorite drink at 8:15 is decaf tea and would love to grab a drink with anyone who has any concerns or questions that she can address as Class President.

WCGA Sophomore Senators:

Sophia Bruce:

Sophia is excited to work with an enthusiastic, passionate, and diverse group of women for her first year on WCGA. She is also excited to work with the men on RCSGA to continue to integrate the colleges, create events and forums, and help make UR a greener campus. Sophia is from San Francisco, California and intending to major in either Business Administration or Psychology. If she’s not riding with the University of Richmond Equestrian Team, you can find her scoping out a dog on campus to put on her snap story.

Ellie Bush:

Ellie is excited to take on a new school year as a part of the collective WCGA body during her second year as a WCGA Class Senator. This past year on WCGA has given her insight into how the Richmond community functions on a daily basis. Ellie would like to continue this student-oriented way of listening, thinking and responding during her second year as Senator. Ellie is from Dallas, Texas and is intending to major in Leadership Studies. Her favorite study spot is second floor of Ryland, she is a Libra, and her favorite food is fried okra.

Ally Charleston:

Ally is excited to be serving on WCGA for a second year. She served as the Class President this past year and is extremely excited to shift into her role as a senator next year. She is also looking forward to improving the school as a whole, since her previous role had her focusing solely on her class. She would love to provide more resources to students struggling with mental health issues, having dealt with them herself this past year. You’ll probably find her studying for Leadership, her intended major, near the PC computers on the first floor of the library with a green tea lemonade in hand. Ally is from Boston, Massachusetts. She recently wrote a play, and loves Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Ali O’Hara:

This year, Ali is most excited to continue promoting inclusion and diversity on campus while simultaneously upholding the University’s traditions and values while serving for a second year as Class Senator. Ali is intending to major in International Studies, hails from Chicago Illinois, and is a Leo. Her favorite TV show is New Girl and her favorite study spot is either the Law School or B1 in the Library.

Claire Tate:

Claire is excited to see WCGA and RCSGA become a more cohesive body and to plan events that excite and engage the study body during first year in WCGA as a Senator. If she’s not studying for American Studies, her intended major, you’ll probably see her at D Hall getting soft serve with sprinkles, her favorite food. Claire is from Richmond, Virginia, is a Taurus has two cats named Frida and Hillary.

Rena Xiao:

Rena  is excited to serve for her second year on WCGA Senate and wants to continue getting to know the class of 2020 better as well increasing the political engagement of the student body. Rena is from Beijing, China and serves on the Legislative Affairs Committee as well as being a member of the College Dems and Planned Parenthood Generation Action Clubs.You can find her studying in B1 of the Library after getting a frozen Lemonade from 8:15. She can play flute and hoola hooping at the same time, is a Virgo, and her favorite show is either Mad Men or Veep.

Jeanette Lam is a University of Richmond student pursuing a double major in Leadership Studies and Journalism with a minor in Film Studies. She loves hearing and sharing the stories of diverse populations. When she's not journaling or filmmaking, she can be found playing her guitar named Peanut or indulging in movie theater popcorn with her friends and family. She believes everyone has a story to tell and she strives to continue igniting emotion, thought, and action through all her creative endeavors.