Campus Cutie: Raychel Husin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Name: Raychel Husin

Nickname: Rowdy Raych

Major: Psychology and Sociology

Hometown: Burlington, Ontario

What’s your favourite ’2000s jam?

Mr. Brightside!! It’s such a classic.

How would you describe your 16-year-old self in less than ten words? 

I was an insecure, naive girl who had drastic phases with music (Warped Tour circa. 2005) RIP my innocence. 

What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?

During homecoming, my friend had a party on the roof, but the opening was hard to get through so I dove headfirst through the window, did a little tuck and roll action and managed to get on the roof. It took a good fifteen minutes before people started questioning what I was doing. But of course, I managed to come out with a bunch of scrapes and bruises all over my legs, definitely a day to remember!

What do you think will finally break the internet?

It already has but probably Trump becoming president. 

What are the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?

The best purchases are always clothes, you get the instant gratification, yet you then realize that you’ve spent all of your money. 

If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?

This is kinda deep, but why do people suffer? Or why is there suffering?

What’s the most useless talent you have?

I can crack all my fingers at once and I can also put my thumb behind my knuckles. 

How do you keep motivated?

Take life day by day, because you never know what is going to happen! Live in the moment. Find happiness in the little things. 

If you could have dinner with a fictional character who would it be?

Dumbledore because I want to understand his train of thought ’cause he’s wise man. 

If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?

(Giggles) Shoplifting or public intoxication.

What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence?

Cellphones — I would like to know a life without social media or the convenience and efficiency of instant gratification. Having to put in more effort to do things such as going over to people’s houses to talk to them and being less concerned social media and how people perceive you. 

Hi there! My name is Hayley and I'm a fourth year English/Environmntal Studies student at Queens University! I love writing and voicing my opinions on various topics from self esteem to my vegetarian diet. I love animals and long deep convo's with my friends. I'm looking forward to writing many articles for Her Campus and I hope you enjoy!