Your Guide to a Very Merry Starbucks Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Happy Holidays to all! Halloween is over which means that the many holidays of November and December are upon us! And as everyone knows with the introduction of holiday music and cheer come the Starbucks holiday drinks! Here you will find a guide to everything you need to know about the drinks and gifts for this year’s holiday season.

Toasted White Mocha

A fan favorite has made it’s return! Arguably the sweetest holiday drink, the toasted white mocha is a great choice for those who still want their coffee but also want to embrace the spirit of the season!

Eggnog Latte

Another classic on its return, the eggnog latte is Starbucks take on a traditional drink.  Steamed eggnog and milk with whip cream make for a delicious drink to warm you up on those windy cold mornings!

Peppermint anything!

Even though starbucks carries peppermint syrup year round (meaning these drinks can be made at anytime of the year), the peppermint mocha and hot chocolate receive a special boost as a holiday drink during the winter season.  A delicious way to balance a sweet drink, peppermint just might make Christmas come a little faster!

Caramel Brulee Latte vs Chestnut Praline Latte

These two favorites often have customers going back and forth trying to decide between the two.  If you are looking for something more on the sweet side, then the caramel brulee latte will probably speak to you, but the chestnut praline latte is a fan favorite for its balance of flavors and for evoking the spirit of chestnuts roasting on an open fire.  Either way, you won’t go wrong with choosing either of these delicious drinks for your morning commute!

Honorable mentions

While the drinks are the star of the show at any Starbucks, the devoted Starbucks love in your life likely already knows that there is a whole other side to the Starbucks experience.  From cups to ornaments to gift cards, the easiest way to find a gift that your favorite starbucks lover will surely appreciate is to go to Starbucks! The Holiday cups are gorgeous and have any array of sizes and designs to choose from while little gift cards and ornaments offer a small way to show your thanks to a coffee lover.  No matter what you choose, a gift from Starbucks is likely to be a crowd pleaser!

Though you may believe that the holidays aren’t in full swing yet, Starbucks is ready whenever you are to start the season off with a sweet drink or tasty treat!

Sammy Bonnet

Purdue '21

Sammy is a junior at Purdue University majoring in Elementary Education. When not preparing for her next class, Sammy can be found constantly listening to music, wishing that she was at Disney, or watching her favorite Youtubers!
All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.