Wellness > Sex + Relationships

No Need To Break The Bank: Valentine’s Day Gifts On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

If you’re like me and you’re a broke college student always on a budget, then stay tuned!

I am all for Valentine’s Day, but my boyfriend and I have always agreed we should not spend a lot of money on Valentine’s Day. With that being said, over the years, I have gotten creative with the gifts and how to save money while also keeping the gifts cute and thoughtful.

1. “Open When” Letters

This is my gift idea for this Valentine’s Day, and I am so excited to give them to my boyfriend! It is such a simple and easy gift, while still being cute and thoughtful, and also giving them something to look forward to not just when they are initially opening it on Valentine’s Day.

2. Candy Jar

This was an idea I used for Valentine’s Day last year. Although I gave him a few other things with this, it is still a cute gift to add along with other sweets and little gifts if your significant other has a sweet tooth.

3. “Date Ideas” Jar

Giving your significant other a “date activities/ideas” jar not only benefits them and is cute, but it also benefits you! If you are anything like me and my boyfriend, choosing what to do and where to eat is one of the hardest decisions to make. So having this saves wasting +20 minutes every day trying to decide where to go and what to do.

4. A Picture Frame

You can never go wrong with a picture frame and giving your significant other a picture frame is a cheap way to make their day. I know for Valentine’s Day last year my boyfriend got me a picture frame with one of my favourite pictures of us, and not only does it make me happy getting to look at that picture but it means more because it was a gift.

5. Thoughtful keychain

This was a gift that I purchased for a birthday, not Valentine’s Day but it is still a great and simple idea, and still very thoughtful. It gives your significant other the chance to think of you every time they look down at their keychain! Like how great is that?

Image Source(s): Google, Pinterest

Lauren Barr

PS Behrend '21

Hey everyone! I'm Lauren, and I am a Campus Correspondent and the Vice President of Her Campus PS Behrend. I am a Junior Finance major with an Applied Economics minor, currently studying towards receiving my Certificate in Financial Planning. When I'm not busy calculating stock prices and all other things Finance, I enjoy writing and posting articles that interest me through Her Campus. When I have time off from school, I love to travel and explore new places. I also am a sucker for any and all dogs, but especially my own, Harley and Cooper! Thanks for visiting my page and I hope you enjoy my articles.    
Andrea Gáez

PS Behrend '19

From Panama.xx