10 Fall Fashion Staples That You Need in Your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Can you smell the pumpkin spice yet? As a new season approaches, it is important to make sure that you have all the basic clothing necessities needed. Here are some very easy staples to add to your collection for this fall season!

1. Oversized Sweater

These are perfect for a chilly fall day with leggings or jeans. Quick and easy to put on in the morning make them the perfect daily top!

2. Flannel Shirt

One cannot live without a flannel. No matter how you wear it (with a basic tee, tied around waste, or buttoned up), it is sure to bring comfort and style

3. Military Jacket

This timeless staple is perfect for layering over your favorite outfits day after day

4. Booties

Booties match perfectly with an oversized sweater and jeans. They also happen to be super comfortable if you find the right pair.

5. Mini Backpack

These cute and mini backpacks surely won’t break your back. They can keep you organized and stylish

6. Embroidered pieces

Anything embroidered is extremely in right now and can add an extra pop of color to your fall outfits

7. Fall Dress

For the warmer days, always have a simple fall dress ready to throw on with a military jacket and ankle boots.

8. Raincoat

You never know what the weather will be like, so it is wise to have a raincoat that is on the warmer side. A pop of color is super cute on a rainy day

9. Sneakers for any occasion

Basic sneakers add fashion and ease to any outfit. These can also be super cheap online!

10. Layering Tees

Tees are a must need to put on under any sweater or coat! Short and long sleeve are good to have ready for day to day outfits.