This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

College is a time in which many of us are finding out who we truly are and it allows us to contemplate on our future.  With the hustle and bustle of classes and extracurriculars, it’s important that we make some time for self-care.  Self-care allows individuals to really take the time to care for themselves and nourish their spirits.  There are many different ways in which self-care can occur through the business of school.  Here are some suggestions for you to try out when you need a quick self-care pick me up!  

• Take a walk and take in some fresh air… especially after it has just rained!
  • Exercise or do some yoga!  Make some time in your day for a quick workout.  This’ll help pump your blood and give you an extra boost for your day!  Heck even sign-up for some fun classes that are offered through Beauchamp.
  • Journal.  Journaling allows you to reflect on your day or just gives you a place for you to express your thoughts and emotions.  I love journaling because it allows me to express myself and my feelings without having to worry about what others may think.
  • Watch Funny Videos.  Sometimes all you really need in life is a good laugh.  If you’re anything like me going onto YouTube and searching funny videos always brightens up my day after being stressed by all the assignments due.
  • Treat Yo’ Self.  Pamper and spoil yourself a little… whether it be an online shopping trip for a new fun blouse or eating a tasty treat. 
  • Reading & Coloring.  Find yourself a good read and cozy up with a cup of hot tea or coffee.  I also really enjoy using an adult coloring book when I am stressed and it allows me to also reflect on the present and things I should work on. 

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.