Meet Mehling Hall’s 4th Floor RA, Alex Rodgers!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Alex Rodgers 

Year: Junior 

Studying: Marketing with a minor in Fine Arts 

Hometown: University Place, WA

On-Campus Involvement: Mehling Hall Resident Assistant, University of Portland Marketing Group, Betta Gamma Sigma, Alpha Lambda Delta and SMART volunteer 

How long have you been a Resident Assistant (RA) for?

This is my first year as an RA. I’m the RA for the 4th floor of Mehling Hall which is one of our all-female halls. 

Why did you want to become an RA?

I fell in love with the Mehling Community and wanted to be part of it!

What’s your floor tradition?

My floor tradition is BYO nights. One example would be Bring Your Own Bowl for Cereal Night!

What’s one of your favorite parts about Mehling?

I love working with our hall staff. There’s one hall director, two assistant hall directors and then 8 other RAs besides me! I really like when I get to hang out and be on duty with our two assistant hall directors, Lauren and Carly, and Stephanie, another RA! 

What do you like to do to relieve stress?

I like to blast music and go for a run. 

What are you most looking forward to this year?

I’m excited to break out of my shell more and to learn something new about myself!

Quick Questions-Ready, Go!

What’s your spirit animal? A Corgnal. It’s a mix between a corgi and a narwhal. 

What’s your dream destination? New Zealand 

Who’s your celebrity crush? John Krasinski, hands down! 

What’s your favorite TV show? Gilmore Girls

Mountains or Beach? Mountains

What’s your favorite holiday? Christmas

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.