5 Things You Need to Get Right Now for Online Learning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

With online learning being the new normal, class looks a little different this year. Taking classes online and staring at a screen all day can be super difficult and many challenges can arise. Try out a few of these items below to make your life a little easier.

Rocketbook

This is at the top of the list for a reason. A Rocketbook is a reusable notebook that uses special pens that erase with water. On top of that, there’s a QR code on every page that allows you to scan your notes using the app and send them to wherever you want! In two clicks, you can transport your notes from off the page into your Google Drive. So convenient!

Wireless Headphones

Having a good, comfortable pair of headphones/earbuds for online learning is a must! In present times while you’re in class for hours a day, walking around during class is inevitable. Which is why your headphones being wireless is also necessary. On top of that, the less clutter on your desk, the better. More wires crossing over your notes is never a good thing. Personally, I love my 1st generation AirPods, but there are plenty of options in many different price ranges.

Keyboard Cover

While snacking during class (we’ve all done it), keyboard covers are a lifesaver to keep all of the crumbs out of your keys. Besides snacking, it’s great for keeping your keyboard in good shape and keeping dust out. It’s also so much easier to run a disinfectant wipe over and kill off the germs during this pandemic.

Chair Cushion

Dorm chairs are not comfortable, there’s no debating that. After sitting in one for hours a day for classes and then studying, my back hurts and I’m only 18. But you can do something about it! About a month ago, I got a back cushion from Amazon. When I was ordering it, I felt like I was 80 years old, but I absolutely love it. I haven’t experienced any discomfort since. 

Flora

Motivation can be hard when learning online. You have to do a million different things instead of just sitting at your desk and studying. That’s why the app Flora is great to keep focus. Simply, put in the amount of time you need to study and a plant will grow as long as you stay off your phone. However, if you go on your phone before the time is up, the tree dies. And better yet, it plants actual trees. It’s free and effective!

Hi, I'm Claire! I'm a sophomore at the University of Pittsburgh and a pre-pharmacy major. I love reading, singing, and animals. In my free time, I'll be cuddling with my cat watching TikToks.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt