clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

15 Thoughts Every Second Semester Senior Has

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Graduation is now here and college is basically over. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Either way, these thoughts are sure to run through your head at least once during your last semester.

1) All these first year students can’t be old enough for college! Am I old now?

2) This first year is so naïve and cute. They think this class is hard!

3) After a few more weeks, I will never have to sit through boring lectures again! This is not relevant to my life in any way so I refuse to read or listen to it.

4) The professor asked why I didn’t do the assigned work over Spring Break.

5) Yoga pants, sweats, and leggings are totally acceptable attire for any situation still, right? I’m not expected to dress nicely just because I’ve graduated.

6)….Is nice weather an acceptable reason to day drink after graduation? Or do I have to wait for a sporting event or a barbeque to justify killing a six pack before 6 p.m.?

7) I’m going to have so much free time without the hundreds of pages of reading or problems to get through every week!

8) But I don’t have any hobbies besides Netflix because of how much time school and working currently takes up.

9) Ugh, I still need a job to pay for my new hobbies! Where do people even find a job? Do I really need one?

10) What if I can’t get a job and have to move away from all my friends? This might be the last time that we’re all in the same place! You can’t expect me to be okay with splitting the squad up! How do adults even make friends?

11) Look at all the nice apartments in my dream city that I could live in! Let me just see how much the rent is.

12) I don’t really need an apartment bigger than 150 square feet anyway. Is it necessary to have space to walk around the furniture? Life could be like a long game of “The Floor Is Lava”!

13) The price on ANY apartment in the decent location is too high. Living at home is okay now because of the lack of jobs with sustainable wages, right? My mom has to let me move back in; she’s my mom!

14) I want to pause time right now and spend eternity with all my friends right here.

15) This crazy, stressful, caffeine-filled, wonderful, beautiful (and sometimes boozy) journey that has been my college experience might be the best thing to ever happen to me, and for that I’m grateful to everyone that has helped me along the way.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Hi! I am a senior Communication and Business Dual major, German Literature minor at the University of Pittsburgh. I am a nap enthusiast. Surprisingly, I'm addicted to caffeine as well. Likes: animals, candles, Doc Martens, loud music, Wonder Woman, and wearing red lipstick Dislikes: mornings, when my hoodie strings are uneven, and cantalope
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt