Monthly Favorites: April

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

As the semester winds down, all of us here at HC PhilaU are becoming increasingly busy and stressed – but that doesn’t mean we didn’t save time this month to do some fun things! Read on to see what our favorites of the month were this time around.

Kellyn – Manayunk Spring StrEAT Festival

This festival is always one of my favorite days and this time was no exception, even though it did give me my first sunburn of the season! It was super busy and very hot, but I ate several good things, including this summery-looking pita from The Happy Pita.

Anna – Pins

My favorite this month is adding new pins and buttons to my denim jacket. I think it’s such a fun way to accessorize a classic outerwear piece, and I’ve collected a lot lately! I wear this jacket almost every day so it’s so fun to personalize it and make it my own. These pins on the left are ones I just got from my sister Emmy for my birthday. I love the way that they pair with the ones I already have!

Jacqueline – Parc

This month I went to the restaurant Parc on Rittenhouse Square. It’s a very fancy French bistro with a delicious menu! I went with my two roomies and soon to be third roomie for a fun Friday night out. I got a delicious pasta while the others got chicken, duck, and ravioli. We also indulged ourselves with some delicious rum cake, creme brulee, and profiteroles!

Jess C. – New Girl

My favorite this month is New Girl. It’s been a show for a while but I’ve just started watching it and I’m loving it so far! The friendship between all the characters is so genuine and the show is actually really funny. Schmidt is my favorite one, his sass just gets me every time.

PC: dvd.netflix.com

Abbey – Phillies Games

After a cold, rainy winter I am so excited that the weather is getting warmer and baseball season is starting. There is nothing like sitting outside at night eating a Philly cheesesteak watching baseball with great friends. Now I know that the Phillies are not doing very well so far, but hopefully we’ll start winning more games soon.

Kellyn – 13 Reasons Why

If you’re one of the few who hasn’t watched this show yet, definitely give it a try. It follows the aftermath of the suicide of high school student Hannah Baker, who leaves 13 tapes behind explaining her reasons why. I never read the book, but I decided to give the show a try because anything Selena Gomez does (she’s an executive producer on it), I’ll support. I watched all 13 episodes in less than a week because it was that good! While it is a very dark and heavy show to watch, it is entertaining and there are new twists and turns every episode. Very binge-worthy!

PC: arrobanerd.com

The jefferson team is welcoming, fun, and loving!