Latino Unity Club (L.U.C.)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

(Students attending LUC’s Rock the Vote event)

Did you know the Latino Unity Club was established at Penn State Berks in 2009? Yes, that’s right! The whole purpose of LUC is to help students broaden their horizons and expand cultural awareness in the community. This club, just as all other clubs on campus, invites all students to join! Some of their primary activities include fundraising, organizing and executing the promotion of diversity in the Hispanic/Latino culture and providing a safe space where students can come together and make new friends! Remember the “Rock the Vote” event that happened in February? LUC hosted this event and helped over 20 PSU students register to vote for the first time! They also hosted a fundraiser last semester at Plaza Azteca to raise money to go towards scholarships for students at Reading High! What a way to make a difference at PSU Berks! To learn more about the club and when they will hold meetings next fall, click here to visit their Facebook page! 

Bree McKenney is a senior Professional Writing major at Penn State Berks. She is the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus chapter at Berks and she's also involved in the Blue&White Society. In addition to that, she is currently an RA, Peer Mentor, Multicultural Mentor, and a S.A.I.L. Mentor. She loves fashion and has been writing style blogs for Her Campus for a year now.