Disney World’s “Happily Ever After Spectacular”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Image from Unsplash

Magic Kingdom’s new extraordinary fireworks exhibit, “Happily Ever After Spectacular” is right around the corner.

According to Jennifer Fickley-Baker, editorial content manager for Walt Disney World Resorts, the new spectacular will include original animation, fireworks, and pyrotechnics during the show.

Opening May 12, 2017, fans are in for some real magic. Here, “Wishes” will be replaced, however, this new spectacular will bring forward the “magic of Disney storytelling” through character performances. It will showcase all the great accomplishments that characters have reached in their stories and influence audiences to chase after their dreams no matter what. Characters from Disney’s Moana, Zootopia, Aladdin, Cinderella, and so many more, will be actually telling us their stories.

Will this spectacular replace “Wishes?”

Yes, unfortunately, “Wishes is being replaced.” But have no fear, this spectacular is set to be bigger and better than “Wishes” and change is never a bad thing. There will be so much being added to this show that fans who loved “Wishes,” will also fall in love with “Happily Ever After.”

Despite the change coming from Disney’s “Happily Ever After” Spectacular replacing “Wishes,” Walt Disney World is confident that the new spectacular will bring in a bigger audience and all fans will see the true magic of Disney.

Communications arts and sciences student graduating in 2019.
Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.