Book Preview: Falling Over Sideways

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

I am not quite halfway through the book, and here’s what I think so far:

1. This book might be Jordan Sonnenblick’s best book yet.

His knack is for writing extremely relatable character. He has nailed it. I see myself in Claire, even though she’s seven years younger than me. He writes books that make  you remember what life was like back then in a positive way.

2. It’s funny

I’ve read a few sentences out loud. He writes funny and quirky characters. He also keeps the humor clean and to the audience he is writing for (Middle Grade or Young Adult).

3. But it’s sad too.

Claire’s dad had a stroke. She is dealing with the aftereffects of it. As someone who has had a sick parent when she was around Claire’s age, everything rings true. There are times that you don’t know what to do besides try to keep doing what you’re supposed to. You go through the motions until something gets better.

Look for the book review next week!!

Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.