This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Birthday: April 6 Hobbies: I love yoga, weightlifting, running, reading, belly dancing, camping, and musicals. I’m on the Berks women’s cross country team.

Major: Global Studies

Why did I choose my major? I love learning about other cultures, learning new languages, and learning about other religions. I hope one day I can work with immigrants, work to preserve history somewhere, or be a professor and teach others what I’ve learned and experienced. Why did I choose Berks? I transferred to Berks from a larger school because I wanted a smaller environment where my professors would know my name.  With a smaller number of students in my program, there’s more opportunities to get involved in research, and to be hands-on in my studies.  At my old school, I felt I was going to class only to listen to a professor talk for fifty minutes. I wanted a more hands-on approach with my education. Here at Berks, I’m immersed in my education.  For Global Studies, there’s required study abroad, and required internships to complete before graduation. For my International Law class this spring, we’re going to Switzerland for a week, where we’ll tour several international organizations (i.e. the United Nations). My friends at my old school didn’t even get to tour the county courthouse for their International Law class. You should be a Global Studies major (or minor) if…….there’s an area of the world that really interests you. We have professors here that specialize in different parts of the world where they’ve lived and learned. You should also consider making Global Studies a part of your education if you’re interested in history, or if you love to travel. You can make a career out of it.

Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.