samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Survive Midterms Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Berks chapter.

Midterm week can be rough, but you can make it work. Although sometimes things can seem to be out of your hands, here are a few thing you can do to keep your sanity.

Image from startupstockphotos.com

1.Focus on what you can control.

We will always worry about things that we can’t control (grades included). All of us are guilty of checking our grades obsessively right after taking a midterm. Just do what is in your control. Study in advance of your test, especially if it is a subject that you’re not very comfortable with.

2. Time Management

Use your time wisely; start studying 1 or 2 weeks prior to the test. Do not procrastinate on studying or writing papers. If you push everything off until the last week or the week of. you will overwhelm yourself. Schedule your work with plenty of time in between, and don’t forget to schedule study breaks! You’re entitled to a break every now and then- you have to let your brain have breaks. NO CRAMMING.

3.SLEEP

The most important thing is rest. Yes, pulling that all-nighter to cram sounds like a good idea, but for your brain it is not. How will all the studying help when you fall asleep during the exam? The recommendation by doctors is 8 hours of sleep a night but let’s be real, a good 5 hours can get you through the day. Just remember sleep is a MUST; it will help you function to your best abilities.

4. Focus on one thing at a time.

The only way to fully indulge yourself into the subject is to FOCUS! If you have an iPhone, I suggest putting it on do not disturb. This is honestly the best thing ever. You need that uninterrupted time to prepare to ace your exam. Another thing you can do is to put on some jams to turn out all the other noises.

5. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

If you have made it this far, I promise that you can go farther. No one said it will be easy, but if you can believe that you can, you will.

Go out there and ace that midterm!

1

Jacinda Soto St. Katherine Drexel Church Attended Cardinal O’Hara High School with a full academic scholarship Sports Cheerleading – captain for 3 consecutive years Varsity Soccer Varsity Track Varsity Swimming – Coach Award   Volunteer Hand in Hand                                                                                             Philadelphia Marathon Philadelphia Union                                                                                   Chester United The William Trippley Foundation                                                                    Golden Touch Sandwich Club                                                                                                              Operation Santa Claus   Activities Archonettes Program - President (Zeta Phi Beta)                                                   National Honor Society                  Peer Counselor                                                                                                                              Adopt a child Sports Manager                                                                                                                             Kairo’s Leader   Internship (summer 2015) CBS                                                                                                                                        WIP   My dreams are to become a Sports Commentator and host my own sports show.  
Megan Antosy is a junior at Penn State Berks double majoring in Business with an option in Marketing and Management, and Professional writing. She also has minors in Entrepreneurship and Women's Studies. When she isn't busy writing or editing articles for HC, you can find her on the beach, reading a book, taking a nap, or drinking tea. She is also Co-CC.