bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

The Wellness Website We Should All Be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Just recently, one of my favorite wellness websites gained the recognition it deserves. Fast Company, the world’s top business media brand, recognized Well + Good as one of the most innovative wellness companies of 2018, and for good reason! The team approaches the realm of wellness and healthy living while remaining authentic and creative at the same time, something that not a lot of health and wellness websites can achieve. The female founders of this leading wellness website have developed what is now a forceful team of genuine women empowering their followers. They stress the importance of maintaining a healthy relationship with our minds and bodies, through content that you can’t find anywhere else.

As a writer, I use Well + Good as a source of inspiration because of the original content that’s produced there. The articles motivate me not only as a writer but also as a human pursuing a life that IS “well and good.” We often forget how to preserve our well being, especially when society is continuously telling us what we “should” and “shouldn’t” be doing. With the content it provides, Well + Good reminds us exactly how we can come to peace with who we are by doing good to our minds and bodies.

In a 2017 interview with Forbes, the founders of Well + Good, Alexia Brue, and Melisse Gelula, were asked their inspiration for starting the website. They stated that “People needed wellness demystified so it was relatable and understandable, without being dumbed down or made silly or ideological like ‘tips for melting fat’ or ‘countdown to a bikini body.’ We know how busy our reader is so we give her tips and hacks from experts to make healthy living choices understandable and easier.” In addition, to show you just how authentic and genuine these women truly are, they expressed that “Wellness is a personal, intimate and joyful part of people’s lives and it’s fulfilling to be part of that.”​With their unique articles, retreats, and panel discussions, Well + Good aims to change the way people live their lives, for the better; in a way that no other website can quite do. Some of their recent articles include “Why Naomi Watts treats her skin-care regimen like a workout,” and “How Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle are joining forces to talk about mental health.”

I found that stumbling upon this website has been completely refreshing and uplifting, and I would recommend it to anyone pursuing self-love and care. That being said, do yourself a favor and follow Well + Good on social media. You’ll receive that daily dose of goodness in your life that we all want, need, and deserve!

Having just transferred to Pace University, I am beyond grateful and excited to finally be living in New York City pursuing not only a Communication Studies major and a double minor in Digital Media Studies and Journalism, but also my life long dream of working for the media. I have a huge appreciation for music as well as photography, and wish to see as much of the world as humanly possible! I cannot wait to see what this life has to offer me.