Meet Noreen Orlando: A Real-Life Disney Princess

Meet Noreen Orlando

Age: 19

Major: Hospitality

Hometown: Wappingers Falls, NY

Instagram:

Disneyland, Disney World, anything Disney related? Sign me up! From visiting the resorts to browsing Pinterest for magical content, I am constantly seeking its whimsical environment, even if it may be from social media. However, I hadn’t truly understood the magical aura of Disney until I met Noreen Orlando, who not only is a Disney enthusiast but a talented princess cosplayer. Following her development within the magical world of Disney has given many the opportunity to live vicariously through all of her enchanted experiences. Her authentic Disney spirit has captivated the hearts of many and inspired us to become more creative and imaginative. It also awarded her an amazing internship opportunity at Walt Disney World this summer. Congratulations, Noreen!

What inspired you to cosplay?

N: I went to a ton of Disney Face Character auditions and I kept getting turned away which really broke my heart because all I’ve ever wanted to do was bring people the happiness that the Disney Characters bring me! So, instead of being down in the dumps, I took matters into my own hands and started cosplaying different Disney Princesses! I’ve always wanted to cosplay but this was the real push I needed to start!

What is your favorite thing about your major?

N: Well, all I’ve ever wanted to do was make people happy, and in hospitality, it is my job to make things as happy and convenient as possible! I also hope to one day run Walt Disney World and I feel that my hospitality degree will help me accomplish that! The current president of Walt Disney World has a sociology degree so imagine how much more likely I would be to get the job with a degree made to make people happy!

Who did you first cosplay?

N: My first official cosplay was Anna from Frozen, but I additionally handmade a Mera-Aquaman’s wife- costume for my first New York Comic Con! It was literally so awful but people took a ton of photos of me and it made me so happy and really made me feel so much more confident in myself!

Who is your favorite personal cosplay?

N: It really all depends on how I’m feeling! Anna is my favorite princess and I feel like I look just like her, so I love to cosplay her! I also adore cosplaying Belle because her costume is just so beautiful! Belle has become my signature cosplay, however, due to how larger than life the costume itself is!

What is one of the most magical moments you’ve experienced at Walt Disney World?

N: I love Beauty and the Beast with all of my heart and I go to the BatB-themed restaurant, “Be Our Guest,” at least twice every trip! One night I was going to meet the Beast in his study after dinner and I mentioned to the character attendant how absolutely dreamy it would be if I got to dance with the Beast in his ballroom, as he’s my favorite character out of all characters in Disney history! She smiled at me and said, “I can’t have you dance, but I can do something just as good!” I went up to meet him and he twirled me, kissed my cheek, and then took my hand and walked me through the ballroom and showed me the sights! When we got to where we parted ways, he gave me the biggest hug, which lifted me off the ground, and kissed my cheek once again! I burst into tears once he left and ran back over to the character attendant, hugging her and thanking her over and over again! It literally made my dreams come true and I’ll never forget it!

Favorite Disney film(s)?

N: I love so many, so I’ll have to give my top three!

1. Meet the Robinsons

2. Beauty and the Beast

3. Hercules

Which Disney quote best represents your advice on following one's dreams?

N: “Keep moving forward” from Meet the Robinsons, because no matter how far, hard, or seemingly impossible your dreams seem, as long as you keep moving forward and progressing one step at a time, that's all you need to make a little magic and your dreams come true (I’m such a sap for that quote because it's literally been my motto since Meet the Robinsons came out).