How To Survive Registration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Ahh registration… we are now at that point in the semester where all students will begin registering for the next semester. It is basically The Hunger Games for students. Have no fear though; I am here to help guide you through the stressful process.

Account Holds: Having a hold on your account can prevent you from registering. You want to make sure that you have no holds on your account at least 2 weeks before registering. To find out if there is a hold go to your MyPace Portal > Students Tab > Registration, Grades, and Tuition > Registration > Check Your Registration Status. If you do find that you have a hold on your account go to the Office of Student Assistance (OSA) as soon as possible to get it all situated and off your account.

Schedule Explorer: It is important to have your schedule created before you register. You do not want to be scrambling around hours before you register trying to find classes! Schedule Explorer is Pace’s way to find what courses are available for the next semester. To find this website simply type ‘schedule explorer’ into Google – it is usually the first website at the top. From there you just select the upcoming semester, your level, a subject, and your campus. You can also select an attribute if you are looking to fill a specific requirement. *Do not forget to have back up classes just in case the one you chose becomes full.

CRN: While creating your schedule do not forget to write the CRN down. This 5-digit number is what you will use to actually register for the class.

Registration Time: Once you have your schedule completed, and have made sure that there are no holds on your account it is time to find out when you register. This year, undergraduate registration begins the week of November 16th. Depending on your year, you will register anytime between that Monday and Friday.  To find your registration time go to your MyPace Portal > Students Tab > Registration, Grades, and Tuition > Registration > Check Your Registration Status. At the top it will display the date and time you can register.

Register: Now it is time to actually register for your classes.  Make sure that you are online, have your schedule and the CRN handy to register at least 30 minutes prior to your time, and are checking to see if the classes you chose are full. When it is your turn to register go to your MyPace Portal > Students Tab > Registration, Grades, and Tuition > Registration > Register, Add or Drop Classes and simply type your CRN’s in the boxes.

If you follow these 5 helpful tips registering for classes will not be as stressful as everyone makes it… Good luck and happy registering! 

Hello! My name is Josephine "Josie" Morenski, and I am from Detroit, Michigan. Currently, I am a Communication Studies major at Pace University in New York City, with a minor in Psychology. I am also a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Pace, Promotions Intern for Cumulus Media, and a Student Assistant at Pace University. Writing and blogging have always been a passion of mine, and I am excited to share my content with the Her Campus community.