5 Things To Do On Black Friday Instead Of Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

As the country gets ready to stuff their face in preparation for the biggest shopping day of the year, I’ll be preparing to binge watch Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. Now skipping shopping to watch the Netflix mini series is not a hard choice for me. A) I am obsessed with Gilmore Girls and would never miss it. B) I have never gone Black Friday shopping. While Black Friday shopping is great for the right people, there are so many other things you could be doing to recover from the turkey comma.

1. Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. As previously stated this is a big deal to me. I have been waiting years for this and couldn’t be more excited. Instead of fending off crowds, I’ll be curled up on the couch watching the mini series over and over and over and over again.

2. Decorating for Christmas. Now that Thanksgiving over, you can get serious about the next Holiday that is on most of our minds. If you use an artificial tree, put that baby up and decorate it. Hang the stockings. Put up lights. Go all out. Thanksgiving is over and now you can embrace the Holidays.

3. Christmas Movies. If you can decorate, you can also watch all the Christmas movies. Home Alone. Santa Claus. A Year Without A Santa Claus. The world is your oyster when it comes to the selection of Christmas movies for you to enjoy now that the feast has been had.

4. Christmas Music. It. Is. Time. Blast those holiday tunes because no one can judge you anymore for playing them! Like Christmas movies there are so many choices for you. Make yourself some hot chocolate, throw some candy canes in and turn the radio up.

5. Leftovers, leftovers, leftovers. No matter how you spend your Black Friday, leftovers should be involved. Treat yourself to a second or third or fourth feast and binge-watch the day away. Black Friday can be a great day for resting and eating the day away.

No matter how you choose to spend your Black Friday, spend it doing something you enjoy. Don’t just go shopping because you feel like you have to or to save money (Cyber Monday was invented for a reason). After what will most likely be a long Thanksgiving Day (thanks for that election season), spend your Black Friday treating yourself.

Hey there! My name is Alexis and I'm a senior at Pace University where I am double majoring in Peace & Justice Studies and Communication Studies with minor in Women and Gender Studies. I am the Campus Corespondent for Her Campus Pace and love watching our organization grow. I just got back from spending Spring semester in Florence, Italy and traveling throughout Europe for a month this summer. When I'm not running around between school and my internship, I can be found exploring the city with my friends, checking out some art at MoMA, binge watching Gilmore Girls, Friends or whatever new show has caught my attention or planning my next trip. I believe writing is one of the best tools we have for personal expression and activism!
Hi! My name is Jacqueline and I am a senior communication studies major with minors in business and women and gender studies at Pace University. I am the president / campus correspondent for the Her Campus Pace Chapter and the president of the production club PopTV. I am a Hufflepuff and lover of all things Harry Potter! Also, I am a HUGE Marvel fan! When I am not writing and leading Her Campus, I like to spend my time reading, watching Netflix, and singing every song that comes on Spotify.