Rising Talent: Fashion At Oswego’s Featured Designers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

A room filled with Oswego students, chairs and benches surrounding the area, and music playing. Good vibes all around, like the flyer said there would be.

SUNY Oswego students were treated to a different type of fashion show. Fashion At Oswego featured three student designers that debuted their designs to the public for the first time. Ronald Bryant, Neeson Calderon, and Shea Guerrero had a different approach and style to their brand, but each showed their creativity and passion for their creations.  

*I don’t know about you, but I’m really digging the t-shirt with the grey bomber jacket.*

Ronald Bryant’s models came out first. With lights off, the audience could still see the street style he incorporated in his clothes. Ripped jeans and hoodies that rep his clever logo, Four Play, a play on words that also represents the importance of the number in his life. White was the common color of his designs, emphasizing the cool and effortless looks.

*A closer look*

Shea Guerrero embraced being abnormal with her Abnormal Apparel line, which is influenced by Japanese culture. Her presentation centered around her use of art to express herself; painting on one of her models, Guerrero was calm. As the audience observed her live artwork as she rocked one of her designs, a tie-dyed shirt with a panda in the center.

*(Top)Guerrero admiring her artwork*

*(Bottom)The finished product*

Neeson Calderon’s line is also influenced by Japanese culture, but with a different twist than Guerrero’s. Calderon wants the people who wear his clothes to feel clean and put together (hence the name of the brand, The Very Clean). He ended his part of the show by saying, “I’m just a quiet kid who likes to put stuff on shirts,” which is what he has done with his simple The Very Clean logo.

*Because who likes to be dirty?*

These designers came together to show their college peers their creative endeavors and celebrate their first fashion show featuring their designs. Their apparel was also sold after the show so peers could rock their outfits around campus.

*The talented designers!*

I'm known as kind of being a hippy who loves to meditate, do yoga, and listen to music. I'm always up for an adventure and am interested in living creatively, working for a bigger purpose, and continuing my adventures around the world!