Campus Cutie: Asha Bey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Name: Asha Bey

Year: Sophomore

Major: Broadcasting

What drew you to SUNY Oswego?

The great broadcasting program offered me a decent financial aid package and the school was a good distance away from home, but not too far. Oh, and I can’t forget about the beautiful lake!

Describe your freshmen year in 4 words:

Unexpected, busy, exhilarating, and fun.

What lessons have you carried over from freshmen year into sophomore year?

Academically, to keep up with my reading! It prevents cramming all of my work and to get things done on my own time so that I don’t rely on other people.

Where do you see yourself after graduation?

I see myself working at a news station or at a big business making a good amount of money and traveling to different countries.

What kind of things are you doing to prepare you for your future career?

I am currently a writer for Her Campus Oswego and I have a radio show with two of my friends.

Any advice for freshmen studying broadcasting or freshmen in general?

For freshmen in general, I would tell them to get their hands on as many opportunities as possible. Don’t hold back and do not be afraid to show the world what you are capable of.

SUNY Oswego '19 NYC
Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media.