This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

School, work, sickness, stress, heartbreak; these are just some of the things a college student will take on at any given time. The truth is that no one is invincible, and, at some point, everyone will try and take on the world, not realizing that it is okay if you can’t handle it all flawlessly. Growing and learning come with mistakes, and failure must exist in order to know success. Be honest, and don’t expect more from yourself than you would from others, because even though you’re busy taking on the world there’s always time for a good laugh, a call home, or even just a shower. 

The importance of mental health should never go unnoticed, but, unfortunately, it does. It’s up to you to take control of your life and let yourself heal from overexertion, mentally, physically, and emotionally. Say yes to your indulgences and cut yourself a break if you don’t check off every last thing on your to-do list. At the end of the day, if your body and mind are paying the price, the work isn’t worth it. Be aware of your state of being, and never forget that someone else feels just as desperate for relief of their mind. Take a moment to realize what you’re feeling and adjust to give yourself a chance to breathe and enjoy the things you’re doing. Why live a life that doesn’t thrill you? Most importantly, remember to accept yourself, love who you’re becoming, and seek help if you need it because you deserve to be happy, fall in love with yourself and live guilt free as you build your own empire. 

The official Her Campus Oregon account