Campus Profile: Alex Pompel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Name: Alex Pompel

Hometown: Oregon City, OR

Major/Minor: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science Minor

Year: Sophomore

From here on out, we’ll be featuring Oregon State students, staff, and comunity members through the new Campus Profile section! Read on to learn all about our first one, Alex Pompel!

HC at OR State: Why did you choose this major?

Alex: I did a job shadow at FLIR during my senior year of high school and fell in love with the profession.

HC at OR State: Are you involved in any way at OSU? If yes, how so?

Alex: I am involved in multiple groups. I am in Phi Sigma Rho, the engineering sorority on campus, Student Alumni Ambassadors, and Marching Band.

HC at OR State: What is your best college memory?

Alex: My best college memory would have to be when the football team beat #6 ranked Arizona State my freshman year. Being in the marching band for the game was crazy.

HC at OR State: Is there anything that you would like to do before you graduate?

Alex: I would like to participate in more events that encourage young women to look at a career in STEM.

HC at OR State: Do you have any college regrets?

Alex: Not yet, I’ve been working as hard as I can to enjoy every moment of it.

HC at OR State: What would be your ideal date?

Alex: Going on a picnic and then stargazing at the beach.

HC at OR State: Do you have any hobbies?/What do you like to do in your spare time?

Alex: I love spending time with my sisters and fellow Resident Assistants.

HC at OR State: Any celebrity crushes?

Alex: Josh Hutcherson all the way.

HC at OR State: What is your life motto (or favorite quote)?

Alex: “Follow your arrow wherever it points.” -Kacey Musgraves

HC at OR State: Who is at the top of your music playlist currently?

Alex: Kelsea Ballerini

HC at OR State: Favorite Movie?

Alex: Inside Out!

HC at OR State: What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

Alex: I hope to be working for a company in the Pacific Northwest and continuing to enjoy and explore the beauty of the area.

Give it up for Alex, and stay tuned next week for another amazing Campus Profile!

Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.