Honorary Cutie Andrew Jenks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

He may not technically attend the University of Oklahoma, but this cutie was spotted on our campus last night. Andrew Jenks, the star of the MTV reality show “World of Jenks,” spoke to students in the Molly Shi Boren Ballroom in the Oklahoma Memorial Union. With his documentary show about to begin its second season, Jenks is hosting meet-and-greets at universities throughout the country to tell students about his personal story and how ordinary people are doing extraordinary things in our world. Read on to see a few fun facts we dug up about our honorary cutie.

Date of Birth: March 5, 1986 (New York)
Relationship Status: To be honest, we aren’t sure if this looker is single or taken. Either way, we hear he has a brother who is a senior at Elon University in North Carolina. Same genes, right?
Transatlantic Move: When he was nine years old, Jenks’ family moved to Belgium for two years… Waffles anyone?
Prominent Father: His father, Bruce Jenks, is the Assistant Secretary General for the United Nations.
At Age Sixteen: He founded the Hendrick Hudson Film Festival, featuring James Earl Jones as the keynote speaker. The festival is now in its 8th year.

As an up-and-coming filmmaker, Jenks has been getting acclaim for a few years now. With a focus on telling the stories of his generation, Jenks fully immerses himselves in the lives of others and truly sees what it is like to spend a day in someone else’s shoes. Jenks is viable proof that good-looking and intelligent men do exist… Don’t settle ladies!

Kali Carter is a senior at the University of Oklahoma, majoring in Public Relations. Kali is a member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority, where she has held a number of officer positions, including an executive position as the Vice President of Membership Development. She has worked as a news desk reporter for the Oklahoma Daily newspaper, served as the Treasurer of the Student Society of Professional Journalists and is a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America. Kali currently balances her time working as the Marketing Assistant for an independent insurance agency and an Account Lead at the Lindsey + Asp Advertising and Public Relations Agency in the journalism college. Aside from working and spending time with friends and family, her greatest passions in life are writing and traveling. Kali has studied abroad in Peru, Chile, and Puerto Rico, and spent a summer blogging and living in San Francisco. Upon her graduation in December 2011, Kali does not intend to return to her hometown of Tulsa, Okla. Instead, she hopes to spend the next year or two traveling the world, writing, and volunteering, before eventually settling down in New York City.