Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Grace K’s Advice of the Day: Long-Distance Relationships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Image by CC0 Creative Commons

“My boyfriend is 3 hours away and is wanting me to transfer to a school close to him so distance doesn’t ruin our relationship. Is that unreasonable of him to ask and should he support me or should I expect him to not want to be in a LDR? :/”

-Confused Girlfriend

Long-distance can be very hard to deal with, especially in college. Both of you are seemingly busy and have differing schedules. This can also be the case for couples who live close to each other. However, you have to think in terms of yourself and what is best for you. If you feel like you’re thriving here at OU, try and explain that to him. If he can’t be sympathetic to that, then it may be time to reconsider what you are and aren’t willing to negotiate in your relationship. Also, if distance is a deal breaker for him and he feels like it’s affecting your relationship, you cannot expect him to be comfortable in a “LDR.” It may be tough, but have this heart-to-heart with him so that you both can get clarity on the situation.

HCXO,

Grace

You can ask me anonymous questions by clicking here!

Business major. Makeup guru, sports fanatic, fashionista, all things artsy and unique. Mom first! :)