Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Grace K’s Advice of the Day: Creating Friendships as an Off Campus Transfer Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Image by CC0 Creative Commons

“I am an off campus transfer student and don’t have any close friends at OU and don’t know how to get involved and make real friendships without being in greek life. I know there are a lot of clubs out there but what will really help me make good friends who want to hang out when everyone already has a social group?”

-College Transfer

I can definitely relate! I came into my freshmen year not knowing anyone, had no roommate and was also not greek. My advice is to connect with your classmates. Don’t be scared to speak out and be yourself. I made it a goal to make at least one friend in each class. Then expanding those relationships outside of the classrooms by doing study groups or lunch after class. Eventually you’ll even start meeting even more people through them. If you keep doing this I believe you’ll connect with someone that you can have a real bond with.

HCXO,

Grace

Business major. Makeup guru, sports fanatic, fashionista, all things artsy and unique. Mom first! :)