How To Create Study Guide Infographics

You don’t necessarily have to read numerous chapters or write down everything from a PowerPoint. Study guide infographics are not only appealing, but they are very informing if you’re studying a cumulative of what you’ve learned. It’s also a great way to not feel so overwhelmed with so much information. This is going to show you how you can create study guide infographics for ANY finals. 

Quick Tips for Studying:

Source: Giphy

Repetition is KEY!

Personally, I think studying by repetition is absolutely annoying, but it’s the only secret to studying and memorizing the right way! Especially for math finals, you have to be able to solve an equation like it’s nothing. Think of math this way: mathematics is like a puzzle piece or an obstacle. You have to find a way(s) to get to the answer. The more you’re given the same or various problems, the more you have knowledge of how to solve them and they won’t be so difficult to study. Same with any other subjects, the more you repeat the terminologies, scenarios, processes or formulas, the more you’re going to memorize it.

FLASHCARDS!

Remember, you don’t have to ALWAYS do study guide infographics for every subject. Besides the study guide infographics, flashcards are a perfect way to challenge and memorize what you’ve learned. It’s perfect for any who, what, when, where and how questions. Don’t be afraid to make them as festive and hinting as possible!

Source: Giphy

If you have to read off of a textbook, highlight (or write down) the main points you have to memorize.

It’s very ironic how when I don’t read, but yet I write when studying (or doing articles.) You have to be able to keep aware that you must read the main points of what the textbook’s chapters are informing you. Don’t skim through nor should you read one by one of everything. Read SOLELY of what you are informed by your professor of what’s going to be on the finals (any chapters’ sections, problems to do or even key points!) THEN, start reading AND highlighting the main points. That way, you can put what you have to memorize into your study guide infographics or flashcards!

All You Need is…

• A lot of white or colored paper. Notebook paper is fine as well, but you do have much more space to write and draw with white/colored paper.

• Colored pens and markers. This is the fun part. Using bright colors really does appeal to the eye and bring attention to the important information.

• Inspiration. Pinterest is one of a great source that can give you an idea or template of how to set up your study guide.

My Intro to Psychology Study Guide (Chapter 12: Social Psychology) | Note: You don’t have to copy everything I did to study. Whatever type of infographics’ format you decide to create, will work for YOU to memorize.

What to Put on Your Study Guide Infographic...

1. The header should be the topic of your subject and the main information you need to know.

2. A list, graph or illustrate the information on either the side or middle of the paper.

3. Acronyms, prefixes/suffixes and quick definitions should be somewhere on the bottom or side.

4. Doodle, draw and make everything colorful as much as possible!

Remember to always remain well-rounded when it comes to infographics because it can get boring if you keep creating the same format again. Have fun studying and good luck on your finals!